Ok. Let's get real. I'm no skinny broad, I've always had hips and, uh, a "back" so even though I've only gained four pounds (yes, as of today, its official that in almost 18 weeks I've only gained FOUR pounds.) my legs have begun to rub together. Aaaand that's no bueno. If you've never had the experience of chaffing, you're lucky. It's not fun. Especially in this feels like 110 degree weather! I've tried the anti chaffing gels and yes, they work, but they need to be reapplied every so often (again, because of the heat) so I went on a search for shorts to wear under my dresses and skirts.
I found some awesome, thin work out shorts that did the trick for a while, but as my belly grows, they seem to be cutting in a little more than I'd like when I'm sitting. And 90% of my work day is sitting. Oh, heck, who am I kidding.. 90% of my ENTIRE day is sitting. Ha!
While perusing the aisles in Target, I came across what I thought to be the holy grail of under shorts.
And for only $10, it was love. They were so soft and had great stretch. I would normally be a M/L but I opted for the 2XL for extra give. And for a little room to grow into. I'm not sure if that was a mistake or what, but these things are WORTHLESS.
Sitting down, I don't even realize I'm wearing them. But once I stand up and take a few steps, it's thigh rub city. These things immediately ROLL UP my thighs. Waaaaaaste. Who knows, maybe if I had gotten my normal size they wouldn't have done that. Or maybe they would have- there wasn't any sort of sticky stuff around the leg openings to keep it still and it definitely wasn't tight enough to have a good grip on my legs so it really wouldn't surprise me if these things were just a complete fail all around.
There aren't any reviews at Target.com nor can I find any online at other retailers. I might just leave one so others don't fall into the trap. Maybe if you're skinny and your legs don't rub you wouldn't have this problem. And after looking at the models wearing them, I should have known- they're not nearly as long as they need to be to stay down.
As much as I love the feel of these things (wonder if I can make something out of them since I can't return them tagless) they just don't work. For my needs, anyway.
Off to Academy to find some biker shorts. Where I should have gone in the first place..

Glad you reviewed these...I've thought about buying them recently. Sad they aren't worth the purchase!
ReplyDeleteI'm sad, too! They are so soft & stretchy! If only they were a tad longer & a little more "grippy" they would be perfect.
Delete