7.13.2012

{8 weeks}



How far along? 8 weeks
Total weight gain: 0lbs- Though I should really step on a scale soon!
Maternity clothes? I'm thinking more and more about it, trust me!
Stretch marks? Not yet.
Sleep: I've been sleeping with an old body pillow. I hear it's good to train yourself to sleep on the left side so that's my goal. I'm normally a stomach sleeper. Yay. :/ 
Best moment this week: Seeing the heart beating! 
Miss Anything? Not being bloated. And gassy. And exhausted. And full- I'm constantly hungry!
Movement: Nope.
Food cravings: It's not so much cravings as it is aversions. I've come to realize that all the normal foods I would eat on a pretty daily basis are the ones I cannot stomach now. Oatmeal? Nooo. Chicken breast/pork/fish? Gross! Salads? Move it away.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Random days of queasy. I'll have a good morning then get gross feeling and vice versa. I can't complain, though. I haven't have a vomit episode and there's medicine for nausea.   
Gender: Still hoping for a girl. I bought a grey elephant security blanket this week. I couldn't help myself! I love elephants and grey is gender neutral. It does have green stars on its ears, but soft greem will be a color regardless.
Labor Signs: Not even on my radar.
Symptoms: I'm noticing myself not being aware of my environment. I said it too many times that I should not be on the road while pregnant. I worry I'll feel that way for the next 7 months..
Belly Button in or out? Still an innie. 
Wedding rings on or off? On. Though morning swelling is a problem lately.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Middle of the line, I'd say. Depends on if I've had my FOUR sips of coffee yet. Still not happy about that one.
Looking forward to: The next ob visit! We go back June 2nd. Hopefully I won't be called for jury duty and I won't have to reschedule. I know it's early, but I really want to hear the heart beat! 

{Originally written 5.25.2012}



***UPDATE*** 7.13.2012

I think the same thing that happened last week with the recap happened this week? I'm not sure. But I do remember that we DID go to the first ultrasound and we saw baby peanut!



That little heart was just a beating away and it was so, so surreal! I just couldn't stop smiling. And then a second later it was over. I wanted that ultrasound to last forever! I didn't want to stop looking at our baby!

Also, you'll notice that there's just one baby in there. I'm sad but I'm happy at the same time. We were kind of hoping for twins, but now that I think about it, I need to see how I'm going to do with ONE baby before I start thinking about TWO! It would have been cool, though, getting two for the price of one. My mom had it perfect, one girl and one boy, done. I know they say twins skip a generation, but I was hopeful that since my dad's sisters are twins and my mom's sister had twins that maybe, juuuust maybe I would. Who knows, maybe someday I will!

Let's just celebrate this little peanut for the time being, yes? Though we didn't get to hear the heartbeat, seeing it was all we needed to fall in love.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment or question? Let me know.