7.27.2012

{16 weeks}




How far along? 16 weeks. FOUR MONTHS!! Cannot believe we’re four months already. I’m seriously falling more and more in love with this little bump every week. It’s crazy. Baby has ears now so s/he can hear me when I talk. Love that.  
Total weight gain: I’m sure it’s more than the 5 pounds at the last doctors visit, but I’ll just wait until the next appointment to see. I’m not binging or eating completely horrible so I’m hoping that things are staying on track. I know I’m prone to weight gain, though, so we’ll start a nightly walking routine soon.
Maternity clothes? I made an order from Old Navy earlier in the week.. 7 tops for $68. They’re tops I should be able to wear post baby, too, so I’ll get good use out of them. I love empire waist clothes regardless so that’s a plus.   
Stretch marks? Still really trying to keep those at bay but I have a feeling that I’m on the losing side of that battle.
Sleep: If I didn’t have to go to work, sleep would be so much better. I prefer to wake up on my own, typically around 730 or 8am so to have my alarm go off every morning at 630 is really starting to annoy me.
Best moment this week: Realizing we’re four months in. Only five more to go!
Miss Anything? Last night I was preparing our spare bedroom for a couple of guests and as I was making the bed, I flopped down on it on my tummy. I didn’t feel any pain or pressure, but I quickly realized that I’m going to have to be more conscious of my movements from here on out. As this bump gets bigger, that definitely won’t be happening! And the whole bending down thing, either I refrain from doing it or strengthen my thighs- my center of balance is starting to be thrown off, too.
Movement:
None YET! Should be soon.

Food cravings: I had a serious craving for gummy bears a few nights ago. Still kind of do, too, so I might have to stop and get some for this weekend. What else? Nothing too strong apparently. Lots of water, though. Too much if you ask me! Haha. I have never gone “number one” so much in my LIFE.
Anything making you queasy or sick: This is really starting to get better. I don’t think the nausea from being in a car is going to go anywhere, though. Nor from me just being plain ole hungry. Which happens a lot if I’m not careful.
Gender: We’ll find out in four weeks!
Labor Signs: None.
Symptoms: Still with the headaches. I’m curious if this has to do with low sugar. Or caffeine. I find it goes away after I eat a big meal. Or if I have a glass of coke, the kind out of a fountain is the best.
Belly Button in or out? Still an innie.
Wedding rings on or off? On. Unless I have a hefty serving of my in-laws cooking. They use so much butter and so much salt that the next day, I’m completely swollen. My feet, my fingers, even my lips. A few days ago, my engagement ring would NOT go on. My wedding band did, though, so at least I got to wear one of them. My engagement ring is 5.75 while my wedding band is an even 6. Sometimes I wonder if I need to get my engagement ring sized up to a 6. Another story for another (nonrelated) post.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy. I’m becoming more and more thankful for this little blessing. It’s so crazy to think about, but I read a personal blog that’s been carried over from a wedding blog that I read while planning our wedding and they’re having a hard time getting pregnant. Not only is she having issues, but it’s a double whammie with her husband also having issues. It’s just a sad, sad story and I often find myself feeling bad for them because here I am, after having those fears myself, with a four month old fetus growing inside of me when these poor, precious people have to spend thousands and thousands of dollars just to possibly have the chance to conceive. Yes, there’s always adoption, but now that I know what it’s like to have this bond, it makes me sad that some mothers physically aren’t able to.
Looking forward to: Getting a jumper this weekend and possible checking out Babies R Us! An old high school friend was giving away a jumper for free and I jumped on the chance. We’ll be picking it up this weekend when we’re on that side of the lake. I’m hoping that since Danny wants to go to Toys R Us while we’re down there, that he’ll be ok with checking out Babies R Us, too.

{Originally written 07.19.2012}

I can’t stop saying it.. We’re FOUR MONTHS! Almost half way. And in just another four weeks, we’ll find out if we’re having a boy or a girl. I seriously cannot wait for that.



Look at that little bump, y’all.. I love it so much. I never thought I would, I could, feel this way about a baby bump, but I do. This little child is already so loved, too. Danny kisses the baby good morning and good night every day and that warms my little heart so much. And we like to think that when Bella rests her head on my belly that she’s snuggling with the baby. “The baby” is a term that she’s getting to know so hopefully she can associate the actual baby with the term later down the road and it won’t be too tough getting her comfortable around the baby. I know jealousy is going to be an issue so dividing my time will be a priority. She is, after all, my first child.
I’m hoping to stop at Babies R Us this weekend to sign up for a registry. After talking to some people about their Amazon.com registry, I’ve decided that having an actual store for people to shop in would be a better idea. We’ll still have the Target registry since I’m obsessed with the place, but I’m going to try and put the majority of the stuff that’s on my Amazon registry onto the Babies R Us registry. But if the price is a major difference, I’m keeping it on the Amazon one. Eh, maybe not. We’ll see. I’m going to print out the stuff on my Amazon registry to bring with us to compare prices. I don’t want to use the online Babies R Us registry too much, I’d rather people have the in-store option. 




Look at my little photo bomber! She wanted to be a part of the documentation, too! I didn't even realize she was in the same room with me as I was taking these pictures until I saw her wagging her tail in the background. I had just gotten home from work and she wanted some serious snuggles. Love that little fur baby. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment or question? Let me know.