How far along? 14 weeks.
Total weight gain: Not exactly sure because the doc didn't say a number when I asked if I had gained, but according to my scale, I've gained 5 pounds. I just have to keep reminding myself that this is for the baby..Maternity clothes? Just the capris I got a while back. But I'm going to get some shorts soon. It's WAY too hot even for capris.
Stretch marks? Can I just erase this question? I hate thinking about it.
Sleep: Baby is definitely growing. I'll wake up with a sore tummy sometimes from sleeping on my side/stomach. Isn't my body supposed to know not to sleep on my tummy? I fall asleep on my left side and after that, I lose control of positions.
Best moment this week: Oh, it's a tie! Between hearing a strong heartbeat of 149 beats per minute and telling the world that we're having a baby! I'll attach a picture of the announcement below.
Miss Anything? I still can't get caesar dressing out of my mind. I think I might have to get the store bought stuff to suffice. And a margarita would be nice. We're getting mexican {again} tonight.
Movement: I'm hoping soon!!
Food cravings: Potatoes. Cheesy potatoes to be exact.
Anything making you queasy or sick: That's definitely getting better.. YAY!
Gender: We'll find out officially at the gender reveal party on August 18th but we have the anatomy scan on August 14th.
Labor Signs: Nada.
Symptoms: Headaches!! These can stop immediately! I haaaate headaches. And I'm talking the kind that makes me have to close my eyes and take a nap. Tough when I'm at work! I wouldn't call them migraines because I've never had one but don't think that these are THAT severe.
Belly Button in or out? Innie.
Wedding rings on or off? On. And I've added in a link back to the majority of my watches so I can wear them again.
Happy or Moody most of the time: I'll find myself snappy for no reason sometimes. But I try to be happy!
Looking forward to: This belly really starting to grow! I've got a good little pooch going, but I want more. Maybe I should be careful of what I wish for, I have a feeling I'm going to be HUGE.
{Originally written 07.06.2012}
We went public this week!! And the response we got was amazing.. I know it's silly, but I LOVE getting comments & likes on Facebook. Here's the picture we used to announce it..
The booties are yellow, but they're overexposed due to my crap point and shoot camera. My goal is to save enough moola and buy myself a nice, fancy one before baby arrives. I want to take good pictures of this little cookie!!
My mom is really excited to be getting a grandbaby and that makes me so happy. I'm glad I can give them that joy. It'll be their first and my inlaws' third.
I've really been nesting, too. I sat in the spare bedroom/nursery for about 5 hours over the weekend and purged all kinds of stuff. A while back, in preparation to get pregnant, I relocated all of the shoes and clothes that were in there. I either threw them away, gave them to Goodwill or made room for them in my closet. I did a pretty good job, too. The closet is pretty much completely cleared out and I reorganized one of our storage closets to hold my crafting stuff so I got that out of the room, too.
After all was said and done, I had four huge boxes of crap for Goodwill. It got to the point where I asked myself if I really needed this and put it in the box if the answer was no. I let hubs take them to Goodwill and I didn't even dig through them again. I'm a pack rat and if I have time to dwell on stuff, I'll inevitably end up keeping it. I need to not be given that option! That's why hubs is so amazing- he's the opposite of me. Loves getting rid of stuff whether it's his or not! I love him for it.
We ran into Walmart later that day to grab a pizza {seriously, $5 of yum} and while we were there, we looked at the crib I'm pretty sure I want.
We ultimately decided that it was too early and didn't buy it. But it doesn't look like it's going anywhere so I'm not too worried. I will be stalking it, though. Just to be sure it doesn't get clearanced or anything. It says that it's espresso but reading the reviews and seeing it in person, it leans more cherry than espresso, which I'm not 100% against. The changing table that we're being given is a dark cherry and the cubby shelf thingy I already have in there is a dark espresso and the crib seems to go with both. We were also given a honey colored wood rocking chair that I love, but will be making a slip cover for since it just doesn't match anything in our house, much less the nursery design I'm going for.
While at the doctor's appointment on Tuesday, I asked her what she thought about us going to a 3d/4d place to find out the gender at 15 weeks since a friend of mine did that. She said by all means, but be aware that the baby will still look skeletal because no fat has formed yet. She also mentioned that 15 weeks is really early and things may not have progressed enough to definitively tell one way or the other. When she mentioned the word skeletal, I immediately changed my mind- I can wait until August 18th! I love the idea of having a party, too. I initially wasn't going to, but once we went public, people were asking if we were going to do that. I can't tell them no! ;)
And I think that's it. I've got to go pee.. For the 100th time today..



0 comments:
Post a Comment
Have a comment or question? Let me know.