7.19.2012

{11 weeks}



 
How far along? 11 Weeks.
Total weight gain: Don't think any. Did have a smidge of an "emergency" appt this week but my brain didn't think to look at the scale & she didn't say anything about it.
Maternity clothes? Bought the BeBand from Target which, I'm pretty sure, is a waste of money. I'll have to work with it more. I also found a pack of BellyBelts that were on clearance for $5 down from $20. I'm guessing they were an online purchase because it was taped back up & I've never seen them before. Not that I lerk in the maternity section, ha. And then today, as I'm sitting here with the BellyBelt on my jeans, I spotted some maternity capris at JCP for $20. I have never, ever tried fabric covered elastic waistband pants on before and OMG. Why aren't we wearing these ALL the time?!
Stretch marks? Nothing more than what I've always had, ha. 
Sleep: Until I'm interrupted by having to pee 3 or 4 times a night, I'm getting good sleep. I find myself falling asleep on my left side but I wake up on my stomach. We'll see how long that lasts.
Best moment this week: Hearing the heartbeat! I'll explain below.
Miss Anything? Beer. I miss partaking in casual drinking. We went to our favorite pizza place last weekend and everyone was drinking beer but me and my Sprite. Thankfully, it didn't even smell good to me. Just the desire to drink.
Movement:
None. Waiting for it, though!
Food cravings: When I see something, I have to have it. Currently, it's fried shrimp and Twizzlers. We're finding a good shrimp poboys tonight. I've decided. 
Anything making you queasy or sick: I'm actually feeling 10x better in that department! Still, if I don't eat every hour or so, I feel sick. Like I'm feeling right now. 
Gender: I had a dream that we had a daughter.. So I'm hoping that's my body telling me something.
Labor Signs: None.
Symptoms: Still exhausted ALL the time. And hungry. And I'm pretty sure I'm getting heartburn. I'm not sure what it really feels like since I've never had it before, but I bought some TUMS for when it's obvious that's what's going on.
Belly Button in or out? Innie.
Wedding rings on or off? On.

Happy or Moody most of the time: That's up in the air at any given moment. One minute I'll be fine, happy, feeling like myself, and then some stupid person will do something stupid and I turn into the crazy cursing lady.
Looking forward to: July 3rd. That's our next appt. I don't think it'll be an ultrasound (that's for the July 31st appt at 17 weeks) but it'll still be good for BOTH of us to hear the heartbeat. We're going to make it public, too. I'll be 13 1/2 weeks along so I'm comfortable with that.


{Originally written on 06.15.2012}

I cannot believe we're 11 weeks along! 2 weeks cannot come quick enough! I'm SO ready to tell the world we're having a baby! And to let people know that I'm not just getting fat{ter}, I'm growing a child! Still so crazy to say that!





So about earlier this week. Today is Friday. Sunday night I started having these odd back pains. Lower than where my kidneys are so even though I thought something might be up with them for a second, I realized that it's too low for that, almost on the top of my booty. Anyway, Monday morning I felt fine, but as I walked around more and more, it started to get worse. I got home and took a shower to refresh myself and when I got out, I pretty much fell- my left leg had all but given out on me. It was not pleasant! I called hubs freaking out and he calmed me down, saying to get the heating pad out.

So I did and a few hours later, things were better. I woke up Tuesday morning to go to work and something was telling me to just stay home and nurse whatever was going on. I'm glad I did because it came back and I was having cramps in my abdomen, too. But those are "normal" cramps. I told myself that if they were still bad by tomorrow {Wednesday} then I would call the doc.

I went to work Wednesday and things were fine. I walked around Khol's during my lunch hour and about 15 minutes into it, I had to go back to work it hurt so bad to walk. To put weight on my left leg, really. So I called the doc and told the nurse what was going on, she said she would pull my chart and let the doc look at it. About 10 minutes later, they called me back asking if I could come in asap. Thankfully, I work across the street from the place so I was there in about 10 minutes. Yay for them slipping me in but not telling me it would be a 45 minute wait.

I thought I was going to be seeing the nurse practitioner, but my doc said she wanted to see me. She walked in the room and said that she thinks my uterus is probably just tilted to the left a little and sitting on some nerves, but she wanted to do an exam to be sure there wasn't any blood or dilation going on. Everything looked good down there and she was 100% confident that everything is ok, that these pains just happen sometimes. That calmed me down extremely! Just hearing how confident she was made the world of difference. I really, really love my doc. She's straight to the point, no frills. I NEED that. And someone to tell me to stop freaking out. Which she does.

At last weeks appt, she said 9 1/2 weeks was too early to hear the heartbeat, but I thought I would ask if 10 1/2 was possible. She said we could try and came back with the doppler. It took her a few seconds to get it, but she did. She heard it immediately for a few seconds but I didn't really know what I was listening for. I'm pretty sure I heard it when she found it again {my own heartbeat was getting in the way} and it's just SO unreal! I have 2 heartbeats! Haha. One normal one and one beating at 152 beats per minute!

I was sad that Danny wasn't there for it, but I'm glad I went to be sure everything was ok. The fact that they wanted to see me means that I'm not crazy and something could have been wrong. Point is, I'm listening to my body from here on out! All the while not going crazy at each and every twinge or stab. Because a stretching uterus is NO joke.

Today is Friday and I've noticed that after about 45 minutes into my lunch break if I go somewhere to walk around {shop} that I start to feel the pain in my lower back. I'm sure that sitting all day doesn't help any. I try to get up and walk around as much as I can, but sometimes I just forget. That and I don't really want to walk to to the front of the office. There's a bunch of ladies up there and I'm feeling especially bloated today. They might know! Ha. So even though I know I need to fill up this water bottle with filtered water, it's going to sit here for the next hour until I get home and can drink our filtered water.

Whew, long post! Sorry. This weekend is Father's Day. I tried to find hubs a card from the baby but couldn't find one! So I got him one from Bella instead. It's pretty awesome. Says "I got you something for Father's Day.. It's in the backyard." I laughed out loud when I read it and had to have it! Just think, this time next year, he'll be a real daddy! {And I'll be a real momma!}




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment or question? Let me know.