How far along? 17 weeks and feeling pretty big. I officially do a double take when walking past a mirror, too.
Total weight gain: Well, with a big as I'm feeling, I have a feeling that it's more than the 5lbs as of a month or so ago. We go back to the doc tomorrow so maybe I'll try and catch a glimpse of what the scale says. Maternity clothes? Yes. I ordered a few tops from OldNavy.com and LOVE them. I think they'll all last me throughout the rest of this pregnancy, too.
Stretch marks? Oh, yes. We've found more hanging out under the bump, too. I'm ok with it, though. It's all for the baby. And it's really no surprise- I knew I was prone to getting them, even if my mom didn't have them with twins.
Sleep: It's tough, I'm not going to lie. I'm having a hard time with not being able to sleep on my stomach. A pillow between my legs helps for now, though I have a feeling I'm going to end up buying one of those $50 body pillows that everyone raves about.
Best moment this week: Getting to hear the heartbeat in our own home! I finally buckled down and bought a fetal heart rate monitor. It was only $50 and the reassurance that it gives me, that it gives us, is completely worth it. I made a promise to myself that I would only use it when I really needed to hear the heartbeat, so in the 6 days that we've had it, we've used it twice. Ha.
Miss Anything? Besides stomach sleeping, not much really.
Movement: I've been talking to the little tiny, hoping to feel something but nothing yet.
Food cravings: Nothing specific.. it's not until I hear someone talking about something that it becomes a craving.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Definitely better in this regard!
Gender: We'll find out in a couple of weeks!
Labor Signs: None.
Symptoms: My allergies are going insane. It's all gross & humid outside, so maybe that has a little to do with it, but my nose and head are so cloudy it's painful.
Belly Button in or out? Still in.
Wedding rings on or off? I've been swelling a lot lately so they've been squeezed on quite a few times. Thankfully a little bit of lotion helps them off a little easier.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Emotional. These hormones are definitely getting to me!
Looking forward to: Our doctor's appointment tomorrow! I know we'll just get to hear the heartbeat, but having her tell me everything is looking/feeling/sounding good is just great to hear.
Definitely growing a baby in there! I still love looking at that bump, I swear! So much so that I'm posting another picture!
Eep! LOVE. I seriously cannot wait to find out if it's a boy or a girl. We were going to have a cake at the gender reveal party, with the icing indicating the gender, but after seeing a friend of mine do the box reveal, I'm completely sold. I think it's just SO much more fun than cutting a cake!
Isn't it just FUN?! My bff said she'd make the box and get it filled for us, so YAY! I cannot wait for this party!
This past week has been pretty easy. Nothing major to complain about, just the usual exhaustion and headaches but I'm thinking the latter of those is due to low blood sugar. Sometimes when I'm at work, I get so caught up that I don't remember to eat and it slaps me in the face. It's doing that right now, actually. The bagel and cream cheese I had for breakfast 2 hours ago just isn't cutting it anymore. Definitely need to add more protein to my breakfast. Maybe I'll switch back over to oatmeal?
And I think that's all. The weeks are flying by fast and faster now that I have something to look forward to each week. As much as that makes me happy {is it Christmas yet?!} it also scares the begesus out of me! We haven't really done anything to the nursery except for the changing table and talk about closet options so the few weeks after we find out the gender are going to be filled with research and color options! My favorite part. I'll have to create a mood board for a boy and a girl room. Just to play around. I'll be sure to post it!



I got a ten dollar body pillow from Walmart n it is amazing!!! It's so long I can put between my legs n still put my head on it!! N Ohh so soft!! Btw love the blog!!
ReplyDeleteAwe, thanks. And yeah, I have a body pillow that I used like 6 weeks ago but it was just too bulky. I'll probably give it another shot before buying a really expensive one that's even more bulky.
DeleteAnd is Megs short for Meagan? Meagan S? Haha.
That would b me!!! :))) ill b addicted to ur blog now do keep it up!
ReplyDeleteAwe, yay! Go subscribe & you'll get my posts in your inbox (I think that's how it works, anyway). I do most of my blogging at work, so if I'm busy at work, I don't blog as much. Typically, the first and last week of the month is my busiest with billing and payroll.
Delete