How far along? 13 weeks.
Total weight gain: Is it ok that I'm just staying away from the scale? Because I totally am. I haven't been eating anything crazy or crazy amounts, so I should be ok. Ya know, except for the 30 pounds of baby producing stuff that will eventually form..Maternity clothes? Still just the capris I bought. I'm going to wait until I'm squeezing out of my shirts before I go all crazy on that. With it being the middle of summer (and 99 degrees every day!) I've been wearing lots of skirts and dresses. That'll tide me over for a long time. It doesn't get cold enough down here for jeans and sweaters until December! November if we're lucky. And by then, I'll only have a month or so to go and, well, let's just say I don't want to go crazy with the clothes buying.
Stretch marks? Just the norm that I haaaate.
Sleep: Oh, sleep. How I've missed you this past week. I think insomnia has settled in. I'm not sure when this is supposed to officially start, but with me, it has. Sometimes it takes me an hour and a half to fall asleep (with potty trips every hour or so, this is rough) and sometimes it takes me 30 minutes. Regardless, it's too long. I miss the nights of falling asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow. I'm exhausted by the end of the day, so it's not that I'm just not tired. I'm completely am. I'm just having a hard time falling asleep. I'm going to try warm milk and what not, see if that helps.
Best moment this week: One of my dearest friends texted me asking if I was pregnant. Apparently, pinning nipple pads on Pinterest gave it away. Totally normal to go nursery crazy, but nipple pads? Nope, you're pregnant. I've been wanting to tell her since day one, so it feels amazing to know that she knows now!! I was going to call her in a few days anyway to tell her the news. I have a long list of people to call- Don't want anyone mad at me for finding out on Facebook that baby Cookie is coming soon!
Miss Anything? Caesar dressing. I know I've probably said that already, but it's what I'm craving. And, again, sleeping on my stomach. I fall asleep knowingly on my side but inevitably wake up on my stomach. It feels super weird so I move back to my side but I guess until my body physically can't lay that way, it's going to do what it wants.
Movement: Oh, I'm waiting to feel that woosh! I know that'll immediately calm my fears and let me know that Cookie is doing good in there.
Food cravings: It depends on what was recently shown on TV. Tonight though, we're getting sushi. I'm needing a crunch roll {or two} in my life! I hesitated for a minute on going to a sushi place seeing as I'm sure they don't disinfect the counters going between raw and cooked, but I'm going to ask to be sure that raw is handled at a different part of the station. And this is a place that's very well known and we've been there a TON. I'm not worried. And what I'm getting is completely cooked.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Things are getting better in that department. I've been getting car sick a lot, though. And it doesn't matter if I'm driving or if someone else is. It's odd. And when I get really sleepy, I get queasy. No bueno.
Gender: She's a she until further notice.
Labor Signs: Nope.
Symptoms: Oh, symptoms. My favorite word of the pregnancy. Sciatic nerve pressure, check. Bloody nose, check. Mucus from all over, check. Stuffy nose, check. Itchy eyes, check. Restlessness, check. Constipation, check. Shall I go on?
Belly Button in or out? Hoping we stay an innie.
Wedding rings on or off? On. But unless I add another link to some of my watches, they're off.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy. I stayed home from work Wednesday due to not sleeping at all the night before and out of no where, I got energy and started nesting. Our spare bedroom {aka the stash all the things room} needs a huge overhaul and I need to start purging. After we clear out the actual room, I'll get hubs to take everything out of the closet for me and I'll just start purging. I don't NEED all the stuff that's moved with me all these years when all it does is sit in a box. Lots of Goodwill trips in our future. {My husband is VERY Goodwill happy- NOTHING is safe when he's around.}
Looking forward to: Our 13.5 week appt Tuesday, July 3rd!! I neeeeed to hear the heartbeat again! Also, dad needs to hear it for the first time! And I seriously cannot wait to make this Facebook official!!
{Originally written on June 29, 2012}
Well, we're 13 weeks today!! It's going by so fast.. I can't wait until I'm 20 weeks.. Then 30 weeks.. And 40 weeks means BABY!!! Though I'm hoping for a 38 week baby. I'd LOVE a Christmas baby. Ooooor how cool would 12.12.12 be?! That'd be a 37 week baby, though. Barring a medical emergency, I don't see that happening. Buuuut if baby wants to come out early, as long as she's done cooking, by all means! I love that I just found that out. Our anniversary if 12.11.10 so obviously I have a thing for numbers. One can wish!
I called my brother's God parents today to tell them the news. I knew that they would be out of town for the 4th of July and didn't want them finding out through Facebook when they returned. Can I just tell you how much I cannot wait to tell the world?! Just by hearing how overjoyed she was to find out, it made me so so happy to tell everyone else and hear all their kind words. We truly are blessed to be surrounded by some pretty awesome people and I know they're going to be excited about Baby Cookie!


0 comments:
Post a Comment
Have a comment or question? Let me know.