How far along? 5 weeks
Total weight gain: 0lbs
Maternity clothes? Can't happen quick enough!
Stretch marks? Not yet.
Sleep: I've been sleeping on my back a lot, which is weird. I'm a stomach sleeper- Maybe I'm scared to crush the baby?
Maternity clothes? Can't happen quick enough!
Stretch marks? Not yet.
Sleep: I've been sleeping on my back a lot, which is weird. I'm a stomach sleeper- Maybe I'm scared to crush the baby?
Best moment this week: Finding out I'm pregnant!
Miss Anything? Is it too soon to miss alcohol?
Movement: Nope.
Food cravings: None, yet.
Miss Anything? Is it too soon to miss alcohol?
Movement: Nope.
Food cravings: None, yet.
Anything making you queasy or sick: I think I'm learning that if I don't eat something every couple of hours that I'll start to feel sick. And it's not until it's digested that the nausea goes away.
Gender: Hoping for a girl!
Labor Signs: Not even on my radar.
Symptoms: Well, let's see.. I get up to potty every hour, I'm all kinds of emotional, I can't seem to find energy.
Labor Signs: Not even on my radar.
Symptoms: Well, let's see.. I get up to potty every hour, I'm all kinds of emotional, I can't seem to find energy.
Belly Button in or out? Still an innie.
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Pretty much in a daze all day. I think this babe is taking all my energies away.
Looking forward to: The first ultrasound!
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Pretty much in a daze all day. I think this babe is taking all my energies away.
Looking forward to: The first ultrasound!
We're having a babyyyyyy! It's not a secret any longer! I found out on May 4, 2012 that I was pregnant and we are so, so overjoyed! We decided to start trying on March 4th and 6 weeks later it worked. And that that, I'm SO grateful! I was worried that it would talk a long time (or even worse, the unthinkable and be never) and after the test being negative that first month, I wasn't sure how many "let downs" I could handle. Before I knew it, I was 5 days late and wanting to have a beer with the neighbor. Then a feeling came over me that I should take a test. And well, that test was positive!
And the one I took the next morning was positive. And the one I took the next day was positive, too! I couldn't stop shaking, heck, I still can't believe it. We are so, so blessed and cannot wait for this little bundle to be born. These next 9 months are going to be a crazy ride for me. I'll be hoping and praying for a happy, healthy baby the whole way through. I'll be updating on a weekly basis and once I start "showing" I'll be posting pictures. No need to post the burrito "baby bump" I'm currently rocking. Though it's already tough to suck in. My comfort zone is about to be completely taken away! But yay maternity clothes and elastic waistbands!
I have the initial doctors appointment tomorrow, May 8, just to confirm and do the paperwork and blood work. It'll really be real then! My bestie keeps saying that she just wants to wrap me up in bubble wrap and never let me go.. I couldn't agree more! I just want to have a happy and healthy pregnancy. And a girl. I would like a baby girl. Haha! Though the colors I've picked out for a boy are pretty awesome, I just can't help but want a tiny princess of my own. I'll let you know in about 15 weeks!!
{Post originally written on May 7, 2012.}
**UPDATE** 5.9.2012 Went to the doc and they confirmed that I was indeed 5 weeks, 4 days {give or take} pregnant! Making the official unofficial date January 4th, 2013! We have our first ultra sound May 22nd and the OB appointment June 5th. I cannot wait to see the sonogram picture. I've said it already, but it'll really be real when I see {hear?} a little heartbeat!!
**UPDATE** 7.5.2012 So THIS is why I've been missing the last month. Yes, I know I could have posted other stuff but I just didn't feel like it. Horrible, yes, but the truth none the less. I wanted to tell you that I was pregnant and write about it. So that's what I did. I have a draft written from each Friday (since that marks the next week) and will be posting them every other day until we're caught up to present time. Right now, I'm 14 weeks!


CONGRATS again! So happy for you :) Cant wait to read about your pregnancy.
ReplyDeleteThank you!! I'm so overjoyed, it's ridiculous. I never thought I'd be happy about having to buy bigger clothes!
Delete