How far along? 15 weeks.
Total weight gain: I know it's not the smart thing, but I don't get on the scale weekly to monitor it. Though I'm sure it's still around the 5 pound mark.Maternity clothes? I've thought about getting some shirts and what not, but I'm going to hold out a little while. I typically wear tanks and stretchy shirts so I'll stick with those for as long as I can. And skirts and dresses are a must. I'm still on the fence on whether or not to get a pair of maternity shorts. I haaaaate shorts.
Stretch marks? Actually, we noticed a new one tucked under my belly yesterday. I noticed it a few days ago but asked the hubs if he's seen it before. Let the stretch mark fun begin. I've done the research and no cream will make you not get them. The creams are to lighten them AFTER the fact. And even though mom didn't have them, I know I'm prone to them from gaining weight over the years. Yay.
Sleep: I'm waking up on my stomach and though I'm still sleeping good, I feel horrible that I'm squishing the baby! I know my body will tell me when to not sleep that way, but I wish I could tell it to stop. I wake up feeling guilty. Crazy, right?
Best moment this week: Deciding that we're going to have a gender reveal party! We go for the anatomy scan on August 14th and we'll have the party on the 18th. And no, we WON'T be finding out beforehand. The more I think about it, the more I've come to terms that I'm going to be incredibly excited either way. This is going to be OUR child, no one else's so I shouldn't care about other people. I'm the mother and that's all that matters.
Miss Anything? I tried buying ceasar dressing in the bottle and low and behold it had eggs in it. No where on there did it say pasteurized so I sadly put it back on the shelf. Who knew salad dressing could cause so much heartache?! Oh, and bending over. Ha, this little belly of mine is already getting in the way. No complaints, though.
Movement: Hopefully within the next couple of weeks!
Food cravings: Cheesy potatoes. Or just cheese. Ha. I've always loved cheese so I need to be careful with this one. I over did it on the pretzels and hummus and the chips and bean dip and now I can't stand the thought of them. I ruined myself on them.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Muuuuch better with this! Car sickness gets me. Or if I let myself get too hungry. Like right now.
Gender: Doesn't even matter anymore.. Just a happy, healthy baby!
Labor Signs: Nope.
Symptoms: Headaches! I've been getting a lot of them lately and I hate it. And I've been cloudy a lot, too. Makes wanting to be at work very difficult.
Belly Button in or out? Innie.
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Haha.. Both. I find myself snapping for no reason. That's been fun. I can see it happening, I just can't stop it. Its the sweet things that Danny has been doing lately that make me smile. He's taken to tucking me in at night since I go to bed so early now. And usually without warning. He'll come in and kiss me on the forehead. It's just so sweet. I love that man, I'm so lucky to have him. And baby is lucky to have him as a father. He's going to be a wonderful dad!
Looking forward to: A few things. We're going to work on getting the nursery all cleaned up this weekend since it's going to be rainy both days. And then our next doc visit is July 31st so we'll get to hear the heartbeat again. I wish we had an at home doppler- Hearing that sweet whoosh whoosh was so amazing. So, so amazing.
{Originally written 7.13.2012}
This week has flown by. Which I love! One week closer to finding out the gender. We decided that we're going to have a low key gender reveal party to let our family and friends know all at once, including ourselves! We'll have a cake with the gender on the inside. I cannot wait! I love party planning so this will be fun.
15 weeks
I either need to edit these pictures or get Danny to start taking them for me with the point and shoot. The grainyness kills me. But look at the belly! I cannot suck in whatsoever anymore. So, so crazy!
14 weeks, 5 days
Aaaand this is my view looking down! I sent it to momma and she said "at least you can still see your feet!" So crazy to think that one day I won't be able to. I love it. That means baby is growing!
I'm really going to try and take a lot of pictures. I need to document this as much as possible! I'm so happy I created this blog a while back. Believe it or not, this is actually my 100th post! Kinda crazy. I need to stick with it more, too. I have a folder full of post ideas that I just need to work on. Maybe once the weekly progress pictures are caught up, I'll start back with normal posting. We'll see!


0 comments:
Post a Comment
Have a comment or question? Let me know.