I'm only going to talk about our cake here, so if you want to see the rest of the details, you'll have to go to the wedding tab!
Our incredible 5 tier cake was a gracious gift from the best man, my husbands younger brother. Alternating tiers, the fillings were white chocolate strawberry and pineapple. I HAD to have pineapple as the typical amaretto wedding cake flavor goes so well with pineapple. And this bakery is known for it's white chocolate strawberry cakes- it was a must we add it in! And might I say that a few people told us that this was the best wedding cake they've ever had. I think it's because the white chocolate layer isn't your typical wedding cake- it's much lighter and not so dense. Me, I prefer the heavy stuff!
And we opted for full buttercream- NO fondant. Have you ever tasted fondant? It's not good. And I would hate to watch someone peel off all that prettiness to get to the cake.
As far as design, well, that's where things fell short. Don't get me wrong, I LOVED {and still love} our cake, but it wasn't what we initially discussed. Turns out, the lady who took our order and helped design the cake quit shortly before the wedding. They knew that I wanted a damask pattern, though, so they just ran with it. It was such a great gift, I cannot complain! And for our one year anniversary, it still tasted good! Not as good as when it was fresh, but definitely still edible.
Our cake topper was such a splurge, but I would completely do it all over again! Working with Etsy seller Keren from Mud Cards was such a breeze. At $90, it was definitely more than I had started out willing to pay but once I saw what she was capable of, I HAD to have it. I even surprised my hubby with it!
She asked for pictures of my dress and hair and what kind of flowers I wanted, shoes, etc. I also told her that D loves soccer, specifically Liverpool, and enjoys a Newcastle from time to time. After she sent pictures of the first mock up, I asked her if we could add our pup child into the mix. So I sent her pictures of Bella and she did such an amazing job with detail, down the to white patch on her chest and toes. If you want something different for your topper, I complete suggest this seller! But don't wait until last minute, these take time to create!
For the grooms cake, we chose chocolate cake with chocolate ganache filling and chocolate buttercream. Y'all, this cake was SO good! We had about half of it left, too, it was so big!
Danny loves {loves loves} Batman, so bringing a little Batman to the wedding was a no brainer. He has a figure stand with the Superman/Batman emblem on it and we used that as inspiration. That's the only thing, besides, the flavors, that we told the bakery. They decided on the tuxedo strawberries themselves! But my favorite part? The bat signal light shining up towards the emblem. How creative is that?! We were so appreciative!
And that was our wedding cakes! Planning for our wedding was so, so much fun. I wish I had gone to school for party planning, I would SO become a wedding coordinator! I love giving advice and finding the best deals. Then seeing everything come to life.. It's awesome.




We got married at Michabelle too!!!
ReplyDeleteReally? I LOVED it- They were such a pleasure to work with.
DeleteNewest follower :) your cake was absolutely gorgeous! And I'm in love with the topper too...such a perfect touch.
ReplyDeleteAwe, thanks- And thanks for subscribing! I'm on my way to your blog.
DeleteBeautiful ! Your wedding cake was so pretty! It's definitely a show stopper! I love your cake topper, so precious! Thanks so much for linking !
ReplyDelete