2.16.2012

{instagram drop off}

I love love love the Instagram app. Almost to the point where I've stopped uploading pictures to Facebook directly and uploading through the Instagram app instead. I love how you can use different filters to completely change the picture! I know I'm just using my iPhone camera, but I've been playing with angles. They make suuuch a difference!

Here's my last week or so in Instagrams!



Nothing beats a strawberry/mango margarita after a long work week! There's a super inexpensive and yummy Mexican restaurant a few miles from our house and we don't go there enough! I love these babies! But I can either have a small and not really feel anything or get a medium and be drunk before the food arrives. I have yet to determine if I'm drinking too fast or if the service is just that slow. Ha!



This roast was a lot bigger before it cooked on low for 8 hours! But oh, yum. I love how the garlic shows itself when it's ready to be devoured! And man was this thing good. The store was out of pot roast slow cooker seasonings so I got beef stew seasonings.. Not as good, but definitely got the job done. Add some carrots, potatoes and an onion and you're good to go.



I think our flowers are confused. The weather in the south has been crazy! We'll get a cold front but it'll only stick around for a few days then it's back up to the mid 70s again. And now we're in the rainy season so every few days there's a cold front pushing through which then collides with the southern flow, blah blah blah, equals bad weather. What happened to 6 more weeks of winter, Mr. Groundhog? I'd like to take the tags off of my new scarves thankyouverymuch.



Yes. That is king cake vodka and king cake coffee. The vodka tastes just like wedding cake, though. Mixed with pineapple juice and it's soo good. And the coffee, well, it's a no brainer there. I added some king cake creamer to it and I hate to say it, but I think it was just too much king cake-ness. It's so worth it, though. And that vodka, man was it hard to find! Of course, I checked all the bog box stores before I finally decided to just try a local store with a huge alcohol selection. Why I didn't just go there first? I'll never know. $25 later, it's mine. All mine. {And whoever wants to help me drink it because let's be honest, it would take me a year to finish it..}



What's a Saturday night without an impromptu run to Target to get beer and cereal? Haha. We went to the gas station to get some beer but they wanted almost $10 for a 6 pack. No, thanks. We ended up at Target and when I passed up this cereal, I snatched it uuup. And though I don't recommend them paired with beer, they're amazing in milk. Vanilla soy milk at that. I want to say I've had these before.. Was there a cereal like this when we were kids??



Did you know they make an electronic Monopoly now? With debit cards? I almost picked it up but when I saw that it was $25, I opted for the old school paper monies for $9. I love this game. And am very lucky that my hubby and neighbor agreed to play with me! Even if I did spend too much time in jail! Also. They need to learn to barter. I NEED all four railroads!!


 
My pupster.. My heart.. My little Bellie girl! This girl is the love of my liiiife. She loves me just as much as I love her.. She's just the best. Haha.. Can you tell I love her?! I asked her, "You wanna?" and this is the face I got. She's waiting for me to finish the sentence. Go for a walk? Go outside? Play? Take a bath? I may or may not have said all of them. She gets suuuper lovey when she thinks she's getting a bath. Again, I may have taken advantage of the situation.



My Valentine's Day gift from my hunny. I own the first and had to have the second when it came out. So I lusted after it for a while, showing it to Danny every time we went into Ulta. It never dawned on me to ask for it for Valentine's Day until he asked me what I wanted. This was the only thing to come to mind. Well, the only thing under $50 that came to mind, anyway!!




I made fish tacos for dinner last night using THIS recipe and topped it with THIS black bean and corn salad. SO yum! Danny couldn't get over how good it was. I thought it was pretty tasty, too! I added a srirachi mayo to them for a little added creaminess and spice since I skipped the jalapeno in the fish. The only thing I wish I could change is the taste in my mouth the rest of the night due to the red onion. You can't omit them- they make such a difference! But dealing with that gross taste in your mouth is horrible.


And there ya go. I know this post is kind of long. But I think it's just the photo dump making it seem that way. I was going to split this up into 2 posts, but I figure I take enough pictures to do this twice a month or so.

Want to follow me on Instagram? There's a link in the right side bar.




2 comments:

  1. i made the fish tacos last night too!
    they were amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they yum? We're seriously addicted to fish & shrimp tacos now. I didn't add the cilantro, though.. I will next time! I highly suggest making the black bean & corn salad to go on top- It makes a great dip, too!

      Delete

Have a comment or question? Let me know.