Here's what you'll need:
- 1 can of garbanzo beans
- Honey to drizzle near the end
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- While you're preparing the chickpeas, preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
Mix in the sugar, cinnamon and oil then stir to coat evenly. Spread the beans onto a cookie sheet and bake for an hour and a half, stirring occasionally. I stirred every 20 minutes and at about the hour mark, I noticed some slight burning so I bumped the oven down to 275 degrees for the last 30 minutes. I also used this time to drizzle on some honey. I'm not sure if this was necessary, but I like to get in a little local honey wherever I can- I hear it helps with hay fever!
And what would a post be without an instagram photo of the final product? So, so good. Suuuper crunchy, too! They shrink up considerably, so bake at least 2 cans if you're baking for a party or for snacks for the week. The hubs and I snacked on these on a dreary Saturday afternoon and we have a small container left. Which now that I'm thinking about it, I might just have to bring these to work! I chew on gum often to curb cravings, but I think these will work even better.
If you've never roasted chickpeas, I highly recommend it. Our house smelled so yummy, too.. But that could have been the pumpkin roll scentsy I had on adding to the aroma!

0 comments:
Post a Comment
Have a comment or question? Let me know.