2.24.2012

{five for friday}

Another week down! We've got a family party this weekend that I'm looking forward to.. Gotta get some nephew squeezing time in!

{1.} You get excited when your question about what's for dinner is met by me answering with a new recipe. Last night's was amazing!




I called it homemade Chinese food, but I'm pretty sure that's not entirely accurate. I used this recipe for the chicken and this recipe for the noodles. I'm not even kidding you, this chicken was SO good! I butterflied two chicken breasts so ours only took about 30 minutes to bake, but the sauce, omg.. So yum. It was good on the chicken, but took on an amazing flavor with the noodles.

And as for the noodles, ha, after tasting them, I quickly turned to Facebook for a quick note to self: when a recipe calls for 1 TEAspoon of red pepper flakes, do not use 1 TABLEspoon instead. I have no prior experience with red pepper flakes so I had no idea how much of a punch in the face they had. Let's just say I was quickly awakened to their power.


Moving on..

{2.} You asked if we could make a pit stop at the comic book store before the party tomorrow. Of course we can. I couldn't help but smile when you then asked if we could stop at the toy store, too. I'll never turn your sweet face down.

{3.} You were ok with ditching your craving of sushi for my craving of crawfish for dinner tonight. For future reference, crawfish > sushi. Always.

{4.} You take your work out/ work clothes out of the dresser at night. We seriously need to oil the bar in the dresser- So loud at 530am.

{5.}You were impressed that I filled the car up with gas before coming home last weekend. I'm sure you'll be happy to see that I did it again for this weekend. The little things, right?





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment or question? Let me know.