2.06.2012

{cupcake mani}

I think I've found the most perfect manicure ever. A while back, Ulta was having a buy one, get one free on Butter London polishes.. They're normally $14 a pop, so I jumped at the chance to get a few colors I've been wanting. Of the four I chose, today's mani is all about Teddy Girl. A soft, beautiful baby pink creme. If I had taken my time and applied thin, even coats, I think I could have gotten away with two coats, but I used three. Mental note, take your time with this polish! I wish I had taken a picture of it before I added the next layer, but I couldn't wait to glitter it uuup.



That would be China Glaze Snow Globe, part of the Holiday 2011 collection aaaand I am obsessed with it. So, so pretty. The glitters {flakies} really do look like the snow in snow globes!






Sad story here. I am just about out of my beloved Seche Vite and when I went to Ulta armed with my 20% off coupon {I had other things to get, too} I looked and looked for a bottle but couldn't find it. I asked someone and she said they went on clearance and probably wouldn't be getting any more. Whaaat? Whyyy? I did notice that CVS is still selling it, so it may not be discontinued.

Regardless if it is or not, see that red bottle? It's seriously JUST as good without the brain cell killing aroma. It also doesn't have a "may kill your baby making machine" warning on it, ha, so that's a plus. And lastly, it's about $6 compared to $10. I've used it twice, and so far, so good.. I'm not sure if it'll work as good as SV on chunky glitter as far as making it smooth to the touch, but we'll see. It's much thinner of a consistency.  And of course, my normal base. No yellow nail beds for me, please!




Isn't it just love?! The picture doesn't capture the true beauty of this combination, though. My nails are glowing, y'all. I love wearing pastels, though. Add glitter and I'm one happy gal. Also, please excuse the cuticle situation. I was rushed to get this done and didn't have time to pay more attention to them. 




Guh. I die. This iridescent flaky polish is so perfect.  It's a little thick and definitely requires you to dig deep in the bottle for the flakes, but it's so worth it. One day, I'm going to put six layers of this on my nails and have a flaky explosion. It's going to be awesome. As I'm typing this, I can't really stop staring at my nails. 




And of course, an instagram picture! I've been using that program a lot more lately. I'm trying to get into all the social media outlets.. Even Twitter. I've had an account with both for a while, but didn't really fiddle with it. I'm trying to change that. We'll see.

So. Point is. You need Snow Globe in your life. I have a baby pink like this from Sinful Colors but it's a tad more white. Actually, I remember loving the look I did with it. Click that link, it'll take you to it. 

I'll be back tomorrow with a Comic Con post. I have a handful of pictures I'd like to share. 





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment or question? Let me know.