I wasn't hopeful that the CVS near me would carry the line seeing as they don't carry anything Wet n Wild, but one day last week while trying to figure out how to spend my ECB's, I ran across the display. It had definitely been picked through, but there were three glitters just hanging out in the back. It looks like there's about 12 or 13 glitters in the collection, but all I found was Pet my Peacock, Shuffle the Deck and Trust Fund Baby. And at $1.99 each, I was happy to put them in my basket! {Note to self, must find Jewelry Heist!}
{L to R: Pet my Peacock, Shuffle the Deck, Trust Fund Baby}
Pet my Peacock has purple, blue, green, gold and silver large hexagon glitters floating in a clear base. Coverage on this one wasn't too bad. Definitely not full coverage by any means, I still had to place the glitter where I wanted it. I wanted to see how it would look on the nail, as opposed to the sheet of paper I swatched them all on, which I'm going to spare you the pictures of. This is Sally Hansen's Fairy Teal with Pet my Peacock over it.
Oh, how it pains me to have my horrible 4 day old mani and cuticles on the internet, but whatever. The things we do for beauty! Haha.. I think this one actually makes a pretty good top coat. I really wanted it to be a Mardi Gras glitter, but it's not. Sad pandas.
I didn't put Shuffle the Deck on my nails simply because I knew I wouldn't be taking the polish off for another 2 days or so and red, black and silver doesn't really go with teal. It has small black hex glitters along with larger silver and red hexagons floating in a clear base. The base on this one was much more thick than PMP and the glitter was much more sparse. Definitely have to watch your polish to glitter ratio on this one. But over the right base color, I think this one will be really pretty. Hm. Valentine's Day mani? I just might!!
Moving on to Trust Fund Baby. Small, square pink glitters and small black hex glitters are paired with small blue and gold hex glitters. This one is really pretty, but I think the black throws it off completely. I'm not too sure where they were going with this one, but I'm sure I'll still get use out of it. I just LOVE glitters. Shiny, sparkly? Yes, please.
The rarely seen right hand in the same condition as the left. I really wanted to swatch this one so I had mismatched bling fingers for a few days. Whatevs. Ha. The black glitters just throw me off. Purple would have been better, no? Still so pretty.
I used one coat of glitter on each nail for reference. The bottles are a fun shape, easy to hold. If you've ever used Sally Hansen's Complete Manicure polishes, these have the same brush as those- flat, paddle style. I actually quite like them. The teal base color I'm wearing is part of that line and for the majority of my nails, one swipe down the center was all it took to get the polish distributed. Two coats for full opacity on this one. Don't ask why I didn't take pictures, I have no idea. But I got compliments on the color so I'm sure I'll be wearing it again soon.
Don't you just love glitters?!
{Side note: Every time I wrote out glitter, ha, including this time, I wrote out glittler. Do you ever do that with words? So annoying.}

0 comments:
Post a Comment
Have a comment or question? Let me know.