2.07.2012

{new orleans comic con 2012}

Last weekend, January 28 & 29, we went to the 2012 New Orleans Comic Con. I didn't quite know what to expect, but I think Danny summed it up nicely when he said, "Oh, you thought I was a nerd? Look at these people!" I laughed and completely agreed with him. People are crazy, I tell you.

With lots of local artists, there was a lot of stuff to look at. We spent some time rummaging through collectibles and admiring different ways of drawing Batman- Apparently, there's a LOT! My favorite {and our only} purchase?




I wore that shirt to work a few days ago and no one understood it. I suppose no one watches Big Bang Theory? I told them they need to. The only person who I knew would get it didn't come in that day. It made me feel kinda silly, ie young, but I just have to remind myself that I'm surrounded by a different generation and I AM young. Haha. That and I love fun shirts. Especially on super casual Friday. We dress casual all week, but I break out the tshirts and slip ons on Friday!

Moving on. Here's the {blurry iPhone} pictures I took of the celebrities who were there when we were. I didn't get William Shatner or Adrianne Curry because I didn't see them while we were there. I heard Adrianne was dressed up as a storm trooper or something- Not quite sure what she was doing there, though. And we just weren't near William Shatner's table when he was there. Oh well.



{Lou Ferrigno, aka the Hulk. Charging $40 for a picture and an autograph.}



{Kevin Sorbo, aka Hercules. He was on the phone with a girl's mom.}



{Stan Lee. I think a meet and greet with him was like $300 or something. No, ma'am.}



{Alien. From Predator.}



{Predator. From Predator. Haha, I wiiish I had gotten the front. It was awesome.}



{James Marsters. Oh, how he's aged! I wanted the blonde hair, Spike!!}



{Three of the Boondock Saints actors were there, but all I cared about was Norman Reebus. Love him in that movie and in The Walking Dead.}



{The Walking Dead kids. I don't know their names, but they were so little! And the boy, he's so cute! I'm sure it was weird for him to talk to huuuuge nerds!}


And that was it. We got there around 1130 or so and left around 430.. Plans weren't confirmed ahead of time with friends and we thought everyone wanted to get there fairly early. Oh, how we were wrong. Danny and I walked the entire thing before our friends arrived. But oh well, we just got to see everything again. And we saw some things that we had missed.

The best part of the day? Eating at Superior Seafood afterwards. Superior Grill opened a seafood restaurant and it was yummy! I got the shrimp and grits.. {and a Blue Moon}




It might not look like much {maybe because I dove in before taking a picture} but it was soo good! I rarely see shrimp and grits on a menu so when I do, I have to order it. Definitely one of my favorite New Orleans foods! If you get the chance to go to Superior Seafood in New Orleans, go! It's on the corner of St. Charles and  Napoleon.

All in all, it was a good day and I'm pretty sure we'll be going next year. We'll eventually get ourselves to San Diego and Chicago, but until then, New Orleans will have to do!






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment or question? Let me know.