7.23.2012

{12 weeks}




How far along? 12 weeks!
Total weight gain: Not too sure. I'm afraid to get on the scale! But I haven't really been eating too badly. I'm not even sure I'm getting a full 1200 calories a day. Appetite still hasn't returned. I mean, I get HUNGRY but it's typically for one specific thing.
Maternity clothes? As I type this, I'm wearing some maternity capris! WHY don't we wear these all the time?! Oh yeah, as my hubby says, it would allow us to be lazy and fat. These things a beyond comfy and when you're comfy, you don't want to work out. Ha.
Stretch marks? I've officially started using coco butter and vitamin e so we'll see how that works out. I have a few stretch marks from gaining the "happy relationship" weight {yep, 40 pounds in 3 years will do that to ya.. Ugh.} But momma said she didn't get any with twins so I don't know what to expect. Obviously my skin is stretch mark prone.
Sleep: I've been getting some good sleep. So much so that I have to talk myself into getting up in the morning to come to work. It's really difficult to get out of bed. Our bed is seriously awesome! Sleep number for the win!
Best moment this week: Feeling a little more like myself. I haven't gotten ALL of the energy back, but I've found myself smiling more, laughing more. 
Miss Anything? Margaritas. I know it's bad, but there's nothing quite like a nice, refreshing marg. We're getting mexican tonight and I think I'll order a virgin marg.
Movement:
I'm anxiously awaiting that flutter! Or as I've heard it, like an air bubble popping inside your abdomen. Whatever that means. I'm waiting for it!
Food cravings: Mexican. Ha! We've had tacos a couple times and I be sure to have left overs so I can have it the next few nights. Even just the refried beans.. YUM! I sure do feel bad for my hubby, though. I have seriously fallen off of the cooking dinner every night train. :/
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not too much any more. It's still just if I don't eat for a couple of hours. I've slowed down in my eating, too. I find that if I eat too quick, I almost lose my breath. This is just the beginning. 
Gender: I still really want a girl.
Labor Signs: Nope.
Symptoms: Still just tired. And frequent urination. I find myself sooo thirsty right before bedtime and nothing is better than a glass of cold water. Well, that glass equals waking up 4 or 5 times in the night to potty! I completely feel like a zombie- I'm not even sure I open my eyes at any point.
Belly Button in or out? Still an innie.
Wedding rings on or off? Still on. But I've been swelling lately, so who knows how much longer I'll be wearing them. I should start thinking about place holders.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Pretty much happy. I'm so, so excited to announce it to the world. I was talking to my boss about it {I told him at about 9 weeks to explain my I was taking off so much. He understood} and I could just feel the smile on my face. Talking about this little bean is my absolute favorite thing ever.
Looking forward to: JULY 3rd!! Our next ob appt and the day we make it official! We're going to try and take the announcement picture this weekend so that'll really make it real. But I want to wait until after my better half has heard the heartbeat. That and I've just been feeling so normal lately, I want to be sure everything is still going good in there!



And we've made it to THREE months!! I prefer to talk in months terms, makes it sound longer, haha. 12 weeks or 3 months? Months trump weeks.





A lime.. I had a lime in the fridge. So, so crazy to think that that's the size of our baby. I think it's more along the 2 inches thing than the actual size. Because next week is a medium shrimp. Yeah.

This week has been good. I'm just still so, so sleepy all the time! I desperately want to put my head down at work every day, typically after lunch when my four sips of coffee has long worn off. A little bit of constipation and I really don't want to take in any more fiber. I can't have my trusty Pepto and without it, I'm afraid of, well, explosions, haha. I suppose Pepto has something bad it in for preggos and that makes me sad. Because I love me some Pepto! Double bubble gum, anyone?!

And bloody noses. I have allergies, so blowing my nose in the morning is nothing new. But what IS new is the blood factor. Sometimes it'll be blood boogies, but other times, straight red blood. Apparently this is another symptom so I'm not all that freaked out. It doesn't linger, so I'm not losing a lot of blood or anything. Just yuck! And the abundance of boogies. My nose is constantly dry so that has a lot to do with it. And no, I'm not putting Vaseline all up in there, so don't offer that idea. Haha.

I have the best idea for an announcement picture and cannot wait to post it on here. It's nothing new, nothing that hasn't been done before, but I'm just so excited that it'll be US in it instead of someone else. I'm completely overjoyed and cannot wait to let the world know that baby Cookie will be arriving soon! SIX MONTHS SOON!!


{Originally written 06.22.2012}




2 comments:

  1. You look great!! Congratulations!!!!
    PS I miss margaritas too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, thanks! I'm much bigger now at almost 17 weeks though! I'm hoping to be caught up and start posting up to date pictures soon. I just didn't want to skip these- I'm going to use them for a baby book.

    ReplyDelete

Have a comment or question? Let me know.