10.17.2011

{weekend findings}

Ok, so, I know I said I'm not sure how often I'd be posting these, but I actually had a pretty fun weekend.. Though I only captured Saturday!

Friday night hubs and I ordered pizza from Dominoes.. We try not to order out too much but sometimes on a Friday night, nothing is better than a half mushroom half pineapple thin crust pizza with white sauce from Dominoes! {To me, anyway. Hubs got pepperoni and ham} And a cold Corona to wash it down with- if only we had bought limes last time at the grocery! Haha. I caught up on my DVR'd shows while hubby watched.. Well, I'm not sure what he watched, but he was in his man cave watching something. As long as I don't have to see him make faces at me for talking sweet nothings to Damon from Vampire Diaries, I'm good. ;)

Saturday was date day/night.. We haven't had the chance to spend quality shopping time together so we headed off to Target to pick up a few things for a party we went to on Sunday and we just really like walking around that wonderland. I bought an awesome deep pumpkin colored cardi and a deep eggplant tank to go under it aaand just to round out my fall wardrobe, olive tights! I have a few outfits in mind using those three pieces!

I walked around TJ Maxx while my other half ran to Best Buy to get The Green Lantern {really good movie, btw}and as soon as I walked into TJM, I saw her. Such a beautiful navy bag! Everything I've been looking for was just sitting there, waiting for me. Naturally, I scooped her up real quick and then began looking around at the other bags. This went on for a good 15 minutes and then I decided to put her back. Did I REALLY need a navy bag for the Fall? That's what I do to ensure I need something.. If I see something I really want but don't know if it has to be in my life or not, I put it back after walking around for it a little while. If there's more than 1, I'll sleep on it and go back the next day if I must.

But this day, this bag, I started panicking after about 10 minutes without her in my arms. I started thinking of someone else happy with her and I got jealous. I speed walked it over to where I left her, and was relieved when she was still there. About this time, hubs was calling me seeing if I was ready to go or not. I told him I needed help. Pretty sure he knew what was going on. I asked him if he liked the bag, if it looked good on me, how I should hold it.. I needed some talking into. As much as I love shopping, I like to get a lot for my buck, not drop a bunch on one thing. He knows how I am and convinced me to just buy her.

Dying to know what I'm talking about?!



{Nicole Lee, $40 at TJ Maxx}


Don't you just LOVE it?! I wish the shoulder straps were longer, I prefer a 10 inch drop {this is like 4 inches?}, but the shoulder strap is adjustable so I can deal. Sometimes I like to hold my bag at my elbow, anyway. It's the details that get me, though.. If you click the picture, you can see that behind those triangle cut outs is a turquoise snake skin print! and the facets on the diamonds add a little sparkle. The inside is really pretty, too!




See, LOVE! It's a 3 compartment bag that just the right size.. It's smaller than the bag I was carrying, but only slightly.. I don't need to carry around my point and shoot camera, I've got an iPhone now.. It was only adding weight anyway! And I don't always have my coupon book and planner with me so it won't be so heavy when I'm running errands and what not. And there's a back zipper that holds a few lip glosses. When I emptied out my other bag {Miss you already, Michael Kors} I had TEN glosses/balms in there! I hate when it gets like that, haha. So now I only had 2 glosses and a balm. Let's see how long that lasts!



{If only I spelled my name like that!}


Even the tissue paper stuffed inside was too cute! Really, if I spelled my name like that, I would have to come up with some uses for that paper! How stinkin cute?! I love attention to detail, especially when a brand goes above and beyond. This is definitely going above and beyond. And just because, here's an Instagram of my lovely.

Since my birthday fell on a Tuesday, we decided that it would be easier to go out for my birthday dinner over the weekend instead of a week night.. I love love love me some Olive Garden but rarely ever go so of course that's where I chose! On my actual birthday, hubs got me a dozen roses and though they were pretty then, look how much they're opened now!!



{Sooo pretty!!}


I wish I had thought to get a full body shot of me and hubby.. We were looking good that night!! Sadly, this was all I managed.



{Isn't he just too cute for words!?}

I hate that I had to Instagram it, but the front facing camera on my iPhone4 is just crap. But he had on a taupe button up and jeans from old navy, a navy undershirt that I had to convince him looked MUCH better than white, and his fave brown dressy sketchers. I had on an olive green dress with brown patterned tights and brown boots. I wiiish I had gotten a full body, it was a really cute outfit! Here's one I snapped in the car of the tights, though..





Some school was having homecoming that night and you would NOT believe the TRASH that walked into Olive Garden.. I mean, these girls dresses were skank-a-licious! I would never, ever dream of wearing dresses as short or heels as high. I pretended I was on my phone, but really I was documenting the trashiness..


{Terrible, right?!}


Ugh, moving on! There's one dish that I an absolutely in love with at Olive Garden. I love many {chicken gnocchi, anyone?} but the Seafood Portifino is just to.die.for. See for yourself!



{Shrimps, scallops and mussels, oh my!}


All in a garlicky, white wine cream sauce. Mm, mm, and mm! Obviously I highly recommend this, but be careful with those mussels.. One of the shells was cracked and I didn't realize it until I went to remove a mussel and bit into shell. NOT fun. I may have even swore off mussels for good. I HATE getting shell/bone in my food. Complete turn off. I'll have extra scallops, please. Hubs got the Tour of Italy plate.. Lasagna, fettuccine alfredo and chicken parmesan.. I wish I had taken a picture of his.. Talk about a TON of food!

And since it was a special occasion, I talked him into splitting a dessert with me. It's called the Dolcini and you get to choose 3 flavors from 5. We chose Chocolate Mousse with Dark Chocolate Cookie Crust, Limoncello Mousse with Vanilla Cookie Crust and Dark Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Mousse & Caramel Cream. Y'all.. So, so good! Lookie!



{Lemon, caramel and chocolate}
It's no secret that chocolate is my favorite, but put a lemon dessert next to it and the lemon will win every single time. This little lemon dessert was just about the best thing I've ever eaten. Ridiculously good. I tried the other two, but could not have been happier when hubs said the lemon one was all me. I enjoyed it with tiny bits, stretching it as long as I could. I'm fun like that. Go to Olive Garden and try these. The other 2 flavors are Strawberry & White Chocolate Cream Cake and Amaretto Tiramisu with Almond. I'll definitely be going back to try those 2!! 

Sunday Danny's coworkers threw him and another coworker a going away party.. Danny was offered a much better position at a private clinic and decided to take the opportunity to see what else is out there. I wish I had taken pictures at the party, I'll miss his coworkers so much. They're such a little family! And there were 3 babies running around there, too! All were born within days of each other, too! Talk about making my uterus ache for one! And then when hubs picked up the little tiny man baby, ugh, I wanted to just beg him for one. My heart wants a baby like right NOW but my head knows that we need to wait.. That we need just enjoy each other and our pup child. 

Last night was also the season premier of The Walking Dead. If you haven't watched this show, I really recommend it. As much as it stresses me out emotionally, I do enjoy it. I'm attached to the characters and though Danny asks me what I would do in a zombie apocalypse, I have NO idea what I would do in their shoes. No idea. I guess that isn't something you really think about.. Unless you're faced with it. Which, crossing my fingers, I hope we never, ever have to see. Literal zombies or any sort of biological warfare. Eesh, no thanks. 

What'd y'all do this weekend? 






3 comments:

  1. I love those tights!! Where are they from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Victoria Gayle

    Target, but I got them last year so I don't know if they have that exact style anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That purse.... is to die for.

    ReplyDelete

Have a comment or question? Let me know.