10.25.2011

{revlon black with envy}

I really am beginning to think I have a nail polish addiction. I have to slap my hand away on a daily basis! I cannot go anywhere without at least looking. Sinful Colors polishes are.99 this week at Walgreens aaand I may or may not have picked up 2 bottles. I was looking for Winterberry, but they didn't have it. Sad pandas.

But today's post isn't about my addiction. It's about Revlon's Black with Envy. A much less expensive version of Chanel's Black Pearl. From the review I've seen HERE, they look pretty close, but not complete dupes. Chanel is much more green and a bit frosted while Revlon is more gray with a slight metallic hue to it. I personally like Revlon better.






Black with Envy is a soft black, a charcol with hints of blue and green shimmer, even a little pink. In the sunlight, this shade is absolutely beautiful. I tried to capture it, but failed miserably. I'll show you that in a minute. The formula on this is on the sheer side, it took three coats for full opacity. The first coat was SO sheer, it almost made me mad. But the second coat made it much better. There was a bit of cuticle drag, but that's most likely user error, which is why I did three coats. I don't always let the polish completely dry between coats, so that's what caused the bald spots. Whatev. Nothing a little Seche Vite can't fix!! {You need that stuff in your life, btw!}





I got compliments on this color the first day I wore it. It's just a really, really pretty color that looks great on my skin tone. Just don't believe the redness the picture above portrays. I need a real camera, ok? One that'll let me white balance. As far as wear time, definitely not happy with this one. It chipped the very next day and after 5 days of wear, I really should take this off and put on a new color. But I'm not. I'm lazy like that. That and I'm dressing up for Halloween and want a fresh mani! Anyway, not only is there cuticle growth, the polish loves to get caught in my hair and chip off. I haaaate that. Tip wear isn't terrible, but could definitely be better. I did, however, clean house over the weekend, so that could be the culprit. Regardless, I've have worse and I've had better. I might be spoiled from wearing metallics, though. They just seem to last longer.





See? Fail. Even though it's blurry, I think you can see the shimmer tucked inside. It's definitely not glitter and indoors, it almost looks like a slight texture. But outside, man, that's where this stuff shines. Literally. Click on that picture so you can see what I'm talking about. Or just buy the stuff for yourself! I've recently seen this stuff at Ulta and Big Lots. I found mine in the clearance bin at Walgreens a few months ago. It was a limited edition shade so it won't have it's own display anymore. I've seen it tucked in with other LE sets, so just keep your eyes open.. You won't regret this polish, I promise! A very appropriate black. 






I really do love me some instagram. Don't you?




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment or question? Let me know.