10.20.2011

{revlon carbonite}

I'm really late on posting this seeing as I'm about to remove this week old polish tonight but I wanted to show y'all Revlon's Carbonite anyway! It's supposed to be a dupe for Chanel's Graphite and from the pictures I've seen HERE, it looks like to be pretty darn close! I spent maybe $4 on this while Chanel polishes are $25, I think. That's a huge difference!



{Pictures don't do this one justice}



{I like how the camera focused on my base and top coats here}


The polish went on so smoothly, and I probably could have gotten away with one coat but did two to ensure opacity. I find that most metallic foils go on super easily without being too thick, though. 




Carbonite is, in my opinion, a charcoal green.  Yes, I'm aware how ugly that sounds, but in some lights, this polish is metallic charcoal but in others, it's completely a metallic green. And then in some lights, it's a beautiful mixture of the two. I really, really recommend this polish. It's a limited edition polish that was released a few months ago but I just spotted it in Ulta a couple of weeks ago. I've also read that some people are finding it in the clearance bins at Big Lots. I always find great polishes for $1 or .50 at Big Lots so I went on a search with no luck. Which is ok with me, I already paid full price at Ulta! But I did find Revlon's dupe for Chanel's Black Pearl for $2 there a while back. Go HERE to see that comparison! Spoiler Alert: I'll be doing that mani tonight!




From what I've read, the main difference between Carbonite and Graphite is the sparkle factor. I've never have the pleasure of seeing this one in person, so I can't say personally, but thought this one is fairly shimmery, there's definitely not flakes of glitter in it. It's more like, and bare with me here, if you've ever used an oil rubbed bronze spray paint, how there's so many flecks of color in it without being glittery. It's SO pretty. {Side note, I love Rustoleom's Oil Rubbed Bronze spray paint!!}





If you enlarge this picture, you can see the texture I'm talking about. In the sunlight, it's really pretty. I totally should have thought about taking a picture outside! I'm sure I'll paint my nails this color again before the Fall/Winter season is over, though. 

As I said earlier, this color has been on my nails for a week now and as far as staying power goes, this stuff rocks! I'm not sure if it's because of the basecoat, though, or if it's just that good. Again, I find metallic polishes seems to last longer. There's minimal tip wear and my nails have grown out, but overall, if I didn't have a party to go to tomorrow night, I'd definitely keep this stuff on for another week.



{You know I have to add the Instagram picture! Love that app.}


Please go find this color.. It's really something different! I inventoried my nail polish collection and of the 140 bottles {!!!} I literally have nothing like it. I'm in the process of swatching all my polishes so there should be a post about that soon. I still can't believe I have 140 bottles! That's crazyyy! I'm officially not buying anymore polish unless it's completely different and/or limited edition. Haha. Yeah, we'll see. 









0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment or question? Let me know.