I love CVS. It's actually a bit of a problem. Between their ECB's and all the deals they offer, sometimes I just can't stay away. I had to go in there today to pick up a prescription and when I scanned my card at the magic coupon machine, it spit out $5 in ECB's aaaand $3 off of a $10 cosmetic purchase. Wanna see my loot?
Left to right:
Maybelline Age Rewind Eraser foundation- $11.99
Maybelline Master Drama eye liner- $ 7.99 - BOGO 50% off = $3.99
Dove Nourishing Oil Shampoo- $4.49 - .75 off coupon = $3.74
Dove Nourishing Oil Conditioner- $4.49 - BOGO Free coupon = FREE!
2 NYC nail polishes- $1.98 - $1.50/2 coupon = .48 for both, .24 each
Garnier Noutritioniste Moisture Rescue Gel Cream- $8.39 - $2.00 off coupon = $6.39
$3 off $10 cosmetic purchase {not shown}
$5 in ECB's from Beauty Program {not shown}
Total before coupons: $39.33
Total after coupons, less tax: $18.59
Savings of: $20.74
I'd say that's a pretty decent deal considering the foundation and the moisturizer would have been over $20 alone! Now, I didn't NEED the foundation, but I read a great review HERE and kinda had to have it. I got the 2nd to lightest shade, 130 Buff Beige. And swatching it on my wrist, it seems like a perfect match with light to medium coverage, what I like. I plan on trying it out tomorrow and who knows, maybe I'll do a little review of it? I absolutely needed the eye liner, though. And since it was buy one Maybelline product, get one 50% off, I kinda saw it as an opportunity to try something new. Hence, the foundation {that's too expensive for a drugstore..}. I went to dial mine up this morning to find that there was barely anything left. I haaate when that happens. I have a big stash of others to choose from, but I LOVE this Master Drama stuff. It's not as good as the Unstoppable, but I can never seem to find it in black when I need it. So, I "settled" for this stuff.. But it's still really good, just REALLY black.
I read a review of the Dove shampoo and conditioner HERE and when a buy one, get one FREE coupon aaand a .75 coupon showed up, I took that as a sign and jumped at it. TWO bottles of Dove for under $4?! Yes, please! I love love love Dove shampoo, so I'm hoping I like this stuff. I have the intensive repair mask that I use about once a week and LOVE that so it should work out. But for $2 a piece, so what. Not like my hair CAN'T use the extra moisture, though. Stupid gray hairs making me color. Stupid frizz making me straighten. LOL!
I love NYC polishes so when the $1.50/2 popped up on Coupons.com, I printed out a couple.. I'm not too sure why I used it today, though.. The CVS I went to didn't really have too many colors to choose from.. I did want to stick with the .99 ones, though. They didn't even have a good selection of $1.99 ones, either. And NYC make up is pretty much crap.. With the exception of the bronzer in Sunny.. I do like that one and should have repurchased. Regardless, I have another coupon and I'll probably use it at Target. They usually have a good selection. I got Big Money Frost {the green one} and the clear is an "extra shiny top coat." I wanted to have a clear polish to keep in my bag when I wear leggings or need to stop a break in a nail from getting worse. Swatching Big Money Frost, it looks like a beautiful metallic green. It almost glows! It seems a bit sheer, so I'm thinking it'll definitely need 2 coats, maybe even 3 for full opacity.
And finally, the BEST moisturizer everrr. Well, ok, not ever, but this stuff is awesome! It doesn't have any SPF in it, so I prefer to use it at night and it is perfect for just that. It's not heavy whatsoever and smells awesome. I still use the think Olay stuff for under my eyes, though.. No need for expensive eye creams, just use a thick face cream. Anyway, this stuff.. This stuff is something you need in your life. If you do buy it, though, be sure to open the box and make sure no one has tampered with it. I picked up one and it was obvious someone had stuck their finger in it. GROSS! Here's a close up of the bottle, uh, tub for you..
{See, it's a gel! Very cool.}
If you can find a coupon or a sale, I'd definitely say pick this guy up. I know CVS runs a spend $15 in Garnier moisturizers, get $5 in ECB's pretty often, so that would be a good time to pick this one up and the moisturizer with SPF in it. I use this stuff in the mornings after I wash my face. It's super light and doesn't affect my make up at all. Definitely recommend both products!
And there ya go.. My little CVS shopping of the week. I might stop by Walgreens, too.. They're having a 40% off of Revlon AND Neutrogena sale. Also, Colorsilk hair color is 2/$5.. Can't really beat that! I know it's not the top of the line stuff, but I've never had a problem with it. Medium Rich Brown is my favorite color. I colored my hair about a month ago with a Rich Golden Meduim Brown and though it's a really pretty color, it's much lighter than my natural color and I know once my roots begin to show, it'll look silly. And I like to have a box or 2 of color at the house, I never know when I'll get the urge to color my hair!
Oh. And to top it off, look what was at the bottom of my receipt from using my bag tag!
Happy hauling!

0 comments:
Post a Comment
Have a comment or question? Let me know.