My husband had to work this weekend so in an effort to not allow him overtime, his boss made him take Friday off. {No worries, he's since found a better job. Which sucks, he's been at this one for 5 years.} He had some birthday shopping to do {for me} and found himself in Covington not far from where I work so I ended up taking a half day. We had lunch at Five Guys and after staring at the Red Mango sign the whole time, we had to stop in.
First, if you haven't had Five Guys, go. Asap. And get the cajun fries. SO yum. The best part? They have Cherry Coke in the fountain! My fave.
I'm in love with all things pumpkin this time of year and had to at least try the pumpkin spice froyo.. I topped it with graham cracker crumbles and white chocolate chips. Though it didn't need either, very tasty on it's own! Hubby wanted the double chocolate but it was coming out soooo slow that after 5 minutes of standing there and having maybe an ounce of froyo in his bowl, he moved on to the dolce de leche. Surprisingly, I didn't like it. And usually I love that flavor.
Oh, this guy.. This guy is from Target and he has stolen my heart. I love nutcrackers so when I saw the turkey one, I picked it up and walked away. I didn't even look at the price! $12 if you're wondering. How cute is he?! And I love that he has 2011 on him.. I almost want to go tag all my other ones!
I have a twin brother and our birthday is the 11th {yes, I'm turning 25.. again.} and since it's a Tuesday, our parents came to visit and take us to lunch. My mom knows how much we LOVE this cake from Cora and Dora in LaPlace and brought us one. So, so good, y'all.. I'm not even joking. I could eat this entire thing in a day and not even care. Ok, maybe a little. But really, if you're ever down Airline in LaPlace, stop in and get a cake!! We haven gotten a cake from there for our birthday for as long as I could remember. Yum.
We went to a fish fry Saturday afternoon to watch the LSU game and stopped at Winn Dixie for some beer and bread {you know, the essentials} and I saw this outside. Just makes me so very happy. They all looked a bit rough so I didn't buy any, but I wanted to!
I made a Target run Sunday morning for a couple things for the week and HAD to try the salted caramel mocha frap.. I'm glad I tried it so I could see what all the hype was about but I wasn't impressed. Don't get me wrong, it was delish, but put it against my beloved white chocolate mocha and it'll lose every time.
I then went to Berrytown for some fruit and veggies.. I haaate going to look for green onions in the freezer just to find we're out. So I got a big bundle of them {for $1.50, mind you!} and a colossal onion to chop up and freeze so when I need them, we'll have them. But my heart skipped a beat when I saw Beyonce'.. Y'all. I wanted to take her home with me! And at only $40, I was tempted!! But I wouldn't know where to put her. But dang, she's a beaut. {Side note, go click that link & read that blog post. You'll pee your pants. I promise. Then read the rest of her stuff. It's just awesome. You're welcome.}
I like to pretend it's really cold outside sometimes and what better way than chili and a warm candle burning?! This is Campbell's Steak Chili.. It is awesome. With the addition of sour cream, cheese and green onions that is. Really, y'all, I want to put this in a crock pot and tell people I made it, it's that good. And that candle, by the way, was Bath and Body Works Marshmallow Fireside. Seriously, obsessed with that candle! Go.Get.It.Now!
I gave myself a mani/pedi Friday night while my hubby was at his soccer game but one, I'm not putting my toes on the interwebs, and two, the stupid nail polish was all shippy by the next day completely not warrantying a picture. Regardless, I bought Sally Hansen's Bronze Ablaze last weekend and really wanted to try it out. I heard that if you layer a gold glitter on top of it that it will be a dupe for Butter London's Wallis. Not so much. Pretty, but no Wallis. And my toes are Zoya's Gemma. A gorgeous deep, vampy purple. I have a feeling it'll stain my nails, but whatever. It's so pretty.
Aaand that was my weekend in a nutshell. Fun, right?




oh man! i love five guys!!
ReplyDelete