3.26.2012

{meet me monday}

I hate to say it, but I was a tiny bit disappointed with The Hunger Games movie. I mean, the book will always be better than the movie, but I feel as if they skipped over too much. And didn't explain things well enough. Leaving the theater, the other people I went with who hadn't read the books had questions. I know that it's typical to have questions when watching a movie {making you want to see it again} but since I knew what really happened, it just made me angry. I didn't want to have to explain to them how the names get put in the bowl {more than once} or who certain characters were.

They completely skipped over the girl who had her tongue cut out, the Avox girl names Lavinia. I know this wasn't a major part of the book, but it's something to let you gain more character appreciation- Which is definitely something I feel the movie lacked. I wanted to know more about Thrash. And even Cato.. I hated him in the book, but the movie just made me hate him more. I think they did good with Rue though. And Foxface, I didn't see much of her. I know they were trying to keep the PG13 rating, but I really wanted the kill scenes to be more like the book.

Ah, I could go on and on..

But this wasn't supposed to be a movie review post, I promise. I'm not sure I have the credibility anyway. If you know me, you know I'm far from a movie buff. What I really wanted to say is that I love reading books then seeing the movie. I enjoy creating the character in my head {before I see who will be portraying them} and create the environment they'll be in. I went out and bought the next two book in The Hunger Games series and though I know what they look like and the basic environment, I think, from what I hear about them, that I'll still be able to make it up in my mind.

The last of the Twilight movies comes out this November, too. I bought all four books a while back and still have yet to read the last half of the fourth book. I know I'll have it read by the time the movie comes out, though. I REALLY want to know what happens! And no, believe it or not, I haven't had any spoilers. Though I'm not sure I would care, I'd still read the book anyway!

I did the same with a handful of the Nicholas Sparks' movies. But then it just got to be too much- It seemed as if he was coming out with a book every other month. I know I should make time to read, I just don't. Part of me wants to read The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, but after hearing how morbid and brutal the movie is, I'm not sure I want to read the book, much less the series.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment or question? Let me know.