So, today I'm going to tell you that I love nail polish. I have over 200 bottles, in fact. But it's ok, I paint my nails at least once a week- There's only a handful of polishes that I have yet to try. I bought a large, stackable lock n lock type container a while back and it's completely full now. At this point, I can either buy another and allow my stash to grow or I can say one in, one out. I'm pretty good on colors, too.. I have a few that are duplicates, so those will be the first to go when I need. Though I almost want to get another set of containers, to allow for the slightest of expansion.
I'll have to do a nail polish collection soon. I reorganized and swatched all of them on nail wheels about 6 months ago, but my collection has definitely grown since then. I need to start from scratch one rainy afternoon.
I have a ton of manicure pictures saved- I should really do better with posting them! My most recent was the manicure I did for St. Patrick's Day. I knew we were going to see The Lion King {more on that tomorrow} and what I was going to wear, so I didn't want to do crazy green. I bought a 4 pack of mini Essie polishes from TJ Maxx a while back and it had Da Bush in it. I chose it and a Sinful Colors green glitter for the bling finger.
{Ooh, a little sneaky peak of the March GlamBag!}
Essie's Da Bush is a muted army green creme. I really, really like this shade! It's soft enough to wear as a spring like color, but warm enough to wear in the fall. It does, however, bring out the red in my skin so that's a little bummer. I do love this glitter, Sinful Colors' Call You Later. It's green and gold micro glitter with larger {but still small} green circle glitters. So pretty.
If you don't want to pay for Essie's Da Bush, Sinful Colors in Seaweed is an exact dupe. I completely forgot I had this shade until I went to put Da Bush into my stash. I'm ok with it, though, because like I said, I got the 4 pack of Essie polishes for $9, only $1 more than a full size bottle. I'll most likely get rid of the SC bottle, though. It's bigger & takes up more {valuable} space! Ha.The Sinful Colors polishes are really good, too. I have at least a dozen of them. At $2, it's ok to buy the entire collection, right?
Today is day four of wear time and there's just minor tip chips. Though on two fingers, I do have a bit of peeling. But that's after I slaved for 6 hours in the front garden. I tried to wear gloves for the most of it, but that didn't always work out. I think that's more of a problem with the condition my nails are in than something to do with the polish. I really need to let my nails breathe and get some sunlight. They've had polish on them for months straight. I just can't help it. I don't like the way my nails feel without polish. I, at the very least, need a clear coat on. I'll sometimes go a day or two with just a treatment polish on. But then it's right back to color!
I love Essie nail polishes. I like to say that I which they weren't so expensive, but I'll drop that money on a China Glaze like it's nothing. I suppose I feel that way since Essie is a "drugstore" polish and China Glaze is "higher end".. I don't know. It's a mind game. But for now, I'll build my Essie stash with CVS extra care bucks!

0 comments:
Post a Comment
Have a comment or question? Let me know.