It's not that I'm disappointed in this month's bag, I can't really be because I had no idea what to expect, but I just.. I don't like the products in there. Wanna know what I'm talking about?
First off, it came packaged in this awesome hot pink bubble wrap mailer. I'm pretty sure I'm squealed when I opened the mail box and saw this in there. I had forgotten that I signed up for it {they were having major issues- this was only the second glam bag, ever.} so it was a nice surprise to see it waiting for me.
What's inside- There's more inside the Valentine's Day inspired make up bag.
The description card for what's inside.
So sad with this bag. I didn't even get to open it and the zipper pull fell off. It was easily put back on, but still. Come on, Glam Bag people.. I know y'all are sending out inexpensive stuff, but seriously. Moving on..
The goodies.
I enjoy Freeman masks & lotions, so I'll definitely use this one. Full size bottles are only about $4, with these small "travel size" ones being only $1. Still, it'll be nice to try it before I buy it. Their avocado and oatmeal clay mask is my favorite! I also enjoy their peppermint and plum foot cream to keep my pedicure lasting. I'm sure I'll enjoy this one, too. Pineapple is my favorite and the fact that it's ananas in a different language just makes me happy.
I gave up chocolate for Lent, so I haven't enjoyed these yet. But I will! I love Ghirardelli chocolates.. Their Eggnog square is my favorite.. Followed by the chocolate and sea salt. YUM!
This little bugger of a picture is horizontal on my computer but uploads vertical. Whatever. I'm hesitant to try this, I rarely wear primer and if I do, it's the Monistat Anti Chafing Gel. It's the same ingredients as the ever so famous SmashBox primer, but a fraction of the cost. It works just fine for me and hasn't broken me out or anything. Though, like I said, I rarely wear it. I'm more of a powder foundation girl for an everyday look. Liquid foundation is for special occasions and my make up needs to last longer. Regardless, this will stay in my box of unused products and maybe I'll use it one day.
I love love LOVE NYX products, so I was happy to receive this. I heard there was another shade, Almond I think, floating around, but this green is really pretty. SUPER shimmery, almost to the point where I know I'll need an eye primer or color base with this. Just in time for St. Patrick's day, too. I'll be wearing it.
I might give this stuff to my mom. She's been trying out all kinds of facial stuff and though it's never too early to jump on the bandwagon, I'm happy with my current face care.
There was also a $100 gift card to a hair care online site. But from what I've seen, items start at about $160 so you're still going to be paying out of pocket. The gesture is nice, though.
All in all, this bag was just ok. I heard that when companies like this receive negative feedback on products, their next product will be better. I'll let you know what I think of the next bag and if I'll continue my subscription. I might just go back to Birchbox.

0 comments:
Post a Comment
Have a comment or question? Let me know.