Go HERE if you'd like to participate or learn more about it. I signed up for the daily email so I'll know what the prompt is for that day.
I'm 5 days late on this, so I'll just go ahead & do all 5 right now.
{#1.}
| Choose one word. Encapsulate the year 2011 in one word. Explain why. Imagine it’s one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2012 for you? Growth This year was my first full year being married and boy has it taught me a lot about myself! And about my relationship with my husband. Pick your battles is the best piece of advice my mom has ever given me and it took meeting my husband for me to understand what she really meant by that. I've learned to think before I act or speak. I'm still learning, rather. I tend to "call people out" without even thinking about it and looking back, we've definitely had arguments over it. Heck, the ONLY thing we argued about on our honeymoon was how I blurted out that it was my husbands fault we were at the restaurant for our reservations on the wrong night. Talk about made me feel like the worst person everrr after he let me know how much that hurt. So I bring myself to that moment quite often. I don't want to ever hurt him, so I need to continue working on that. Acknowledgement is key, right? In 2012, eesh, I have no idea what I'd like that word to be. I want to say baby but I don't think that'll happen. I would have to say financial security first since this momma doesn't want to have to work! I'll have some sort of supplemental income, hopefully. Anywayyy, 2012 word.. Accomplishment.Yeah, I would like to actually finish projects I start. I can't tell you how many DIY projects I've started and stopped in the middle of. Or found something I liked but when I tried to do it, it didn't quite work out. How's about I try and try again until I get it right? Yeah, I like that. {2.} Listen What song did you listen to in 2011 to completely change your mood? Think about ways you can you add more music to your life in 2012. Christmas music It wasn't just one song, but the entire genre. If I'm ever in a bad mood, there's nothing that a little *NSYNC Christmas won't cure. There's just something about the stuff that puts me in a good mood. Heck, I listen to it all year round at work. It not only helps the day for by faster, but it helps keep me in a good mood. Yes, they laugh at me, but whatever. it makes me happy and I'm ok with that. The only way I can think to add more music into my life is to go to more live shows. It's been over a year since my last concert/live show.. Michael Buble' was the last concert and a friends band was the last live show I went to. I enjoy live music.. I don't enjoy the smelling like a bar for the next week. So that pretty much keeps me {us, really} out of the bars. And we both haaate large crowds of stupid people, so going to fairs to see bands isn't exactly what we call fun. {3.} Learn What lesson did you learn in 2011 from “The School of Life” rather than a classroom? Oh, most definitely to watch what I say in front of people I either don't know very well or just don't trust. Heck, even around people I do know and trust, I'm learning to watch what I say. It is most ofter either misunderstood or taken the wrong way. Too many times have I had to defend what I said. This definitely stems from #1 up ^ there. Or did we learn that in a classroom? Haha.. Just without the real world reaction, maybe. {4.} Write a Haiku Sum up your year, via haiku. Figuring out love. Every day is a journey. The rest of our lives. Haha.. I'm horrible at that stuff. Especially when there's Christmas music playing in the background. I suppose I just wanted to focus on the fact that my husband and I have had a great year of just being with each other as a married couple. I know a sheet of paper doesn't mean much, but to us, it does. There's a sense of security and knowing that no matter what, your spouse will stand by you because of the vows you took. And, fyi, we spoke the traditional vows in our wedding. We both felt strongly about speaking the words so that many have spoken before us. {5.} Befriend Did you meet any new friends this year? How did they impact your 2011? I don't think I've really met any new friends this year, but I've definitely had a few step up when I needed them. I'm including 2010 in this because while the events happened in 2010, they most certainly impacted my 2011. And again, wedding talk.. Weddings bring out the worst in people. And our wedding was no exception. I ain't eeeeven gonna lie, I wasted tears over such stupidness but at the time, my heart was broken. No details, but I'll just say that true colors were shown.. Good and bad. I'll never forget what my bridesmaids did for me and they'll never know how grateful I was to have such an amazing group of people witness our marriage. I now know what defines a true friend and I try every day to be exactly that. So there ya go, that's the first 5 prompts. I like this. I think it'll make me sit down and write even when I might not think I have time. I used my lunch break to write this up today.. Maybe I'll take 5 or 10 minutes out of them all to answer the prompts. |

0 comments:
Post a Comment
Have a comment or question? Let me know.