12.16.2011

{numbers fourteen & fifteen}

{14.}
Breathe.

How did you make space and peace for yourself in 2011? 

I don't know that I have done either of these. Ain't that sad? I've taken a day off or two during the week to sit on the sofa and veg out, but other than that, nope, not much. I always say that I'm going to take time for myself and take a long, hot bath and read a book with a glass of wine with Michael Buble playing in the background, but then life happens and I'm too tired to do that. I'd rather just take a quick 5 minute shower, shave my legs and go to bed. Because getting into bed with freshly shaven legs is amazing. Even more so when the sheets are fresh out of the dryer.


{15.}
Surprise.

What event of 2011 affected you in an unexpected way?

I'm pretty sure all these questions are just making me realize just how boring of a year I've had. I suppose the two biggest events of the year were {1.} me getting a promotion and {2.} my bff getting engaged. I suppose you could add my one year anniversary in there, too, but I think I've rambled enough about that sweetheart of mine.

{1.} So I got a promotion. A month after raises were given out. Aaand though they considered bumping up my pay right then and there, it would more or less go against company policy and if they were to do it for me, they'd have to do it for everyone blah blah blah. I'm hoping that I'll get compensated for the 11 months of more work with less pay when raises come around again in March. I really, really hope so. I've done everything that I've been asked and have done it in a timely manner. There's no reason why I shouldn't get a decent raise.

{2.} My bff LL got engaged to a wonderful man who has accepted her gorgeous daughter as his own and I could not be happier for her little family. She's asked me to be the matron of honor, her younger and only sister will be the maid of honor. I'm pretty stoked about it. She was my maid of honor and I'm honored to be a part of her wedding. We've known each other since the first week of college. 8 years ago, I got a knock on my dorm room door saying that there was Subway in the commons area. It was that day that our friendship began. We've had our ups and downs, good times and bad times, but doesn't every friendship? Isn't that what brings you closer? We don't talk about the past, but I know both of us are able to appreciate it and realize that everything happened for a reason. I'm blessed to have her in my life and though we don't talk every day, I know she'll be there for me no matter what.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment or question? Let me know.