12.20.2011

{numbers sixteen & seventeen}

{16.}
Persevere.

Describe something that disappointed you in 2011 and how you persevered.

Hm. Well, there were a few things, but they're all mighty petty. I really wanted to get a fence. And a screen door. And crown molding for the living room and our bedroom. And a few pendant lights over the bar in the kitchen. Oh, and go to Disney for our first anniversary.

But then reality hits and you realize that going to the dentist and buying a new, 20 year warranty bed so you can replace the one with the broken springs in it so your husband will stop falling out of the bed {hey, he's the one who broke the bed..} is a little more important.

On the day of our wedding rehearsal, Danny had to go to the dentist, emergency style. One of his molars was infected and he needed an extraction. But not just any extraction, a surgical extraction. TWO days before the wedding. Needless to say, we opted to a super dose of antibiotics and pain killers. He was about 80% better for the wedding and felt "normal" over the honeymoon. But not two weeks after things settled down, he was in the dentist chair getting two teeth pulled. Buh bye $1,200.

Then I had to get a retreat of a root canal. Yes, a RETREAT. No bueno. Somehow, my crown shifted allowing infection to harvest and before I knew it, I was dropped $1,600 on the retreat and a new crown. Seriously. We maxed out two credit cards with all that nonsense. But that's why we got the cards. And, for the most part, it's all paid off.

So, after paying off the wedding and our dentist bills, there's not much room left for frivolous stuff. We've been talking about doing the fence in the spring, once the weather calms down and we've already purchased a bed. Yay for sleep numbers! And yay for hubs getting a 35% discount for being in the medical field! Saved us $500. I'm hoping to, at the very least, get the screen door and pendant lights in the up coming year. They're minimal expenses and easy enough, huh?




{17.}
Discover.

What did you discover (big or small) in 2011?

Honestly? That this marriage thing isn't so hard. They say the first year is the most difficult, and though I can't say Danny and I have been flawless, it's really been easy. We really do have a good line of communication, so that helps, but we also know to pick our battles. We're still learning, we'll always be learning, but we're really good together. He was pretty much made for me, understanding and accepting. I tend to have, hm, mood swings, haha, that I can acknowledge, but still, they happen, and he's always willing to listen to me and disagree with whatever crap I'm talking about. And I love that about him.

So, what did I discover? That true love is real. That everything you've been through in your life was for a reason and people truly are sent to you when you need them the most. He's changed my life and I know that was no mistake.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment or question? Let me know.