11.22.2011

{warm & fozzie}

OPI put out a holiday collection for The Muppets.. Not too sure what they have to do with the holidays except that a new movie is coming out, but whatever. After looking at all the shades HERE, I knew I wanted Warm and Fozzie and Designer.. de Better, but when I went to Ulta I saw an even better deal. I could get four mini bottles for $12.50 that included the two I wanted! I've never, ever gone through an entire bottle of polish, so why pay $16 for 2 bottles when I could get a better deal, right? Right.



{Beaker gets me every time, love him!}

Ha, I just got sidetracked for a good 20 minutes watching YouTube videos of Beaker. THIS one just makes me smile..



{Not bad for 4 bottles!} 


And again, I wasted time looking for a DVD of The Muppet Family Christmas. Apparently, it's no longer in production so DVDs range from $65 to $100, VHS tapes even more. Wth?!



{Wocka! Wocka!, Excuse Moi, Designer.. de Better!, Warm and Fozzie}



{I don't own a normal size OPI so here he is next to a China Glaze bottle}


Look how teeny tiny the bottle is! But really, it's not that bad. I'll never go through it. The minis are 1/8 of an ounce compared to the half ounce normal OPI bottle, which is the same amount as China Glaze bottles. That's Ring in the Red if you're wondering. Ulta was having a buy 2, get 1 free sale so I HAD to get a few from the Let it Snow collection! More on that eventually. :)



{Warm and Fozzie, Designer.. de Better, Wocka! Wocka!, Excuse Moi}


This is 2 coats of each on the nail wheel. Pretty good formulas, too! I'm impressed with their opacity, though I think Excuse, Moi would look wonderful layerd, maybe even over Wocka! Wocka!. Hm, Christmas mani, maybe? 



{Holding that tiny bottle was difficult!}


I wish the picture did this foil polish justice! It's such a unique, gorgeous shade of copper. It's so complex, too.. Some angles it looks gold while other times it's olive green. Up close, it has flecks of pink, purple, red, green, gold, orange, rust, so many yummy colors! Definitely has a wonderful duochrome affect, too. If you get any color from this collection, get Warm and Fozzie.. You won't regret it! {Though I say that before I wear Designer.. de Better, which I think I'll love, too!}







That last picture came out blurry but I like it because it shows you all the shimmer.. See all the different colors? LOVE it. As far as wear time, I've been cleaning the house preparing for Thanksgiving {we're hosting!} so I've given this a good test and I'm happy to report that there's only minor tip wear and cuticle growth after 5 days! I was going to change polish for Thanksgiving, but I think I'll just throw on another coat and call it a day. I've said it before and I'll say it again, foil polish always wears much better than any other type!

I would recommend getting the mini set, not only because it's cost efficient, but because it has the best colors in the bunch, the most unique colors. Well, except for Wocka! Wocka! but that's still a pretty shade and I'm guessing they put it in there to go with Excuse Moi. But if you wear reds, Meep Meep and Animal-istic might be something you're interested in. I rarely wear red.. If I do, it's either for a special occasion or Christmas.







0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment or question? Let me know.