Facets of Fuchsia was part of the same collection as Starry Pink {there's a blue glitter called Blue Mosiac, too, but I don't wear blue too often, so I didn't pick it up} and is a deep purple glitter with large hexagon and tiny square glitters floating in a sheer but buildable black base. I originally went on the hunt for this polish when I heard it was a dupe for Deborah Lippman's Bad Romance. Go HERE to judge for yourself. I'll stick with the Revlon version and just layer it over a black creme, thankyouverymuch.
{Wet n Wild's black is a perfect one coat black.}
I first put on a base coat to help protect my nails from turning yellow- I do this all the time, but it's mostly important when using dark colors since they'll more easily stain your nails. As I mentioned, Wet n Wild's black, I think it's called Black Creme, is a perfect one coat black. It's not thin or streaky as blacks usually are and it's only $1 to boot. I could have easily gotten away with one coat of Facets of Fuchsia, but I used two just for good measure. It's just so pretty. I did have to place the glitter, though. The main reason I did two coats was because I noticed that a couple fingers only had one or two pieces of large hex glitter and I wanted MORE! One thick coat of Seche Vite and I had a glossy, smooth shine. FYI, the thicker the top coat, the less you'll feel the glitter particles.
I hope you can tell how dimensional this polish is. The more layers you put, the better it looks. Since the base is a sheer black, it really gives a layered glitter look. Enlarge that picture so you can see for yourself. Just ignore my cuticles, I didn't do a great job of removing the old polish and moisturizing before I painted them. :/
I wish black polish was a little more acceptable year round and not just Halloween time.. I want to wear this all the time! I don't, however, want to be removing it all the time. Glitters always give me a headache and though this wasn't as bad as some {mainly because it's not packed with tiny glitters} it still took more time that regular polish. I've heard about the tin foil trick, but honestly, I'm too lazy for all that. Just get some good 100% acetone and hold a cotton ball on there for 10 seconds, it'll eventually work itself off. I use the Rite Aid brand pure acetone since it was on sale BOGO free not too long ago. 2 bottles for $3? Sold.
I got this bottle at Target for $3 a few weeks after I bought Starry Pink but I'm still seeing the original display in Walgreens for $5. Go to Target. And if you pick up/already have the blue glitter, let me know if it's something I need!!



0 comments:
Post a Comment
Have a comment or question? Let me know.