5.07.2012

{100 foods}

Have you seen this list floating around Facebook as of late?

They are, apparently, the 100 things you should eat before you die. Apparently whoever created this list said that most people average around 20. Let's see about that. I've bolded items I've already had and crossed out the items I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole.

1. Abalone

2. Absinthe

3. Alligator- YUM!

4. Baba Ghanoush

5. Bagel and lox- I need to try this. I do enjoy salmon.

6. Baklava -I neeeeed to try this!

7. Barbecue ribs

8. Bellini

9. Bird’s Nest Soup- - Hell to the no.

10. Biscuits and gravy

11. Black Pudding- WHAT?!

12. Black Truffle

13. Borscht

14. Calamari

15. Carp

16. Caviar- Sure, on top of my sushi..

17. Cheese fondue

18. Chicken and waffles - Yes, I live in the south & I've never had this. I'm a disgrace.

19. Chicken Tikka Masala

20. Chile Relleno

21. Chitterlings/Chitlins- Not gonna happen.

22. Churros- Had one in Disney!

23. Clam Chowder

24. Cognac

25. Crabcake

26. Crickets - I just... I just can't eat a bug.

27. Currywurst

28. Dandelion wine

29. Dulce de leche

30. Durian

31. Eel-  Only in sushi. With lots os eel sauce. Mm.

32. Eggs Benedict

33. Fish Tacos- I make this for dinner all the time.

34. Foie Gras - No.Thank.You!

35. Fresh Spring Rolls

36. Fried Catfish 

37. Fried Green Tomatoes

38. Fried Plaintain

39. Frito Pie

40. Frog’s Legs

41. Fugu (Pufferfish) NO!!

42. Funnel Cake

43. Gazpacho

44. Goat

45. Goat’s milk

46. Goulash

47. Gumbo

48. Haggis - No way. No way, no way, no way.

49. Head Cheese- People here say it's good, but I'm not trying it!

50. Heirloom Tomatoes

51. Honeycomb

52. Hostess Fruit Pie

53. Huevos Rancheros

54. Jerk Chicken- Not a huge fan of these spices.

55. Kangaroo-Not happening. No way, no how.

56. Key Lime Pie- My FAVE dessert.

57. Kobe Beef

58. Lassi- As in the dog? Wth?

59. Lobster

60. Mimosa

61. MoonPie

62. Morel Mushrooms

63. Nettle Tea

64. Octopus .

65. Oxtail Soup

66. Paella- I neeeed to try this!

67. Paneer

68. Pastrami on Rye

69. Pavlov

70. Phaal

71. Philly Cheesesteak- Not from Philly, but all the same, right?

72. Pho

73. Pineapple and cottage cheese

74. Pistachio Ice Cream- Hubs made me fall in love with this!

75. Po’ boy

76. Pocky

77. Polent- I need to try this, too!

78. Prickly Pear

79. Rabbit Stew- I don't know if I could eat bunny.

80. Raw Oysters- I have to be in the mood.

81. Root Beer Float - You lose you're American card if you've never had one.

82. S’mores

83. Sauerkraut

84. Sea Urchin- NO!

85. Shark- Never!

86. Snail- Nope.

87. Snake- Nuh uh.

88. Soft Shell Crab- I prefer my crabs in the shell.

89. Som Tam

90. Spaetzle

91. Spam

92. Squirrel- Not gonna happen.

93. Steak Tartare - I've had smoked swordfish tartare, but never steak.

94. Sweet Potato Fries

95. Sweetbread- Neverrr.

96. Tom Yum

97. Umeboshi

98. Venison 

99. Wasabi Peas

      100. Zucchini Flowers



42 of 100. Not too shabby. How do you rank? What would you certainly not try?



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment or question? Let me know.