Tomorrow I'm going to be posting about my closet. Well, the shoe storage system in my closet. You see, before my extreme "get rid of all the shoes" mission {which is muuuch less daunting than I'm making it out to be} I had about 100 pairs of shoes.
Yes. 100. I'm not lying, y'all. And after all was said and done? I have about 70. I know, I know, that's still overkill seeing as my husband has about 10. Buuuut, in my defense, I wear all of them! With the exception of the heels. Those are for special occasions. And now that I've finally found the perfect shade-for-me nude/blush pumps, I'm not getting rid of them after only wearing them once or twice because I will wear them again. Some day.
Moving on. There's the thing. I have a shoe problem. I have about 8 pairs of sneakers. Half are of the walking variety and half are of the you should be working out in these variety. I wear them all because they're cute. Not because I should be working out in them. Oh, ok, I lie. I have ONE pair that were bought specifically to work out in. But then I started doing jumping jacks and my toes pushed up too much and by the time I'm done, my toes hurt. Boo hoo, right? Note to self: do jumping jacks in the store when purchasing work out shoes. And might I just add that I rarely wear tennis shoes? I love them. I love buying new kicks, but when it comes to wearing them, I rarely do it. Maybe in the winter when my coworkers tell me to stop wearing open toe shoes or flats with no socks. Or maybe on a rainy day when I know I'll be running around outside and don't feel like having an ass on the ground moment. Other than that? Nope. But they sure do look nice sitting in my closet.
I have wedges. I have flip flops. I have flats. Peep toe and closed toe. I have boots. I have tennis shoes. It's all really gross to think about. The money I've spent on all these, that is. You'll see tomorrow when I show you my collection. Because yes, that's just what they are. A collection. Of my hoardings.

0 comments:
Post a Comment
Have a comment or question? Let me know.