5.15.2012

{shoe storage}

A few weekends ago I realized that I had a TON of shoes that I hadn't worn in a while and a few that didn't even fit anymore (be it my style or my feet) so I did what any hoarder does: Took every pair of shoe I own and wallowed in it.

Haha, no, kidding. But I did take every pair down from the top of the spare bedroom closet, took down the behind the door organizer, emptied out the shoe carousel and emptied out the two vertical organizers in my closet. I wish I had taken pictures of what that pile looked like! I filled a box with shoes going to Goodwill and the rest got sorted into flip flops, wedges, closed/peep toe flats and heels. My tennis shoes and boots are already corralled in one place at the bottom of my closet with one of these.

I already had two vertical hangers, so I bought two more vertical organizers. They're Michael Graves from Target. I can't find them on the website, but they're the 10 slot ones. I want to say they were $12 each. I also have one of the sweater organizers {on the other side of my closet for folded tshirts} and they hold up really well. Those two green organizers were bought a long time ago from Ross- they've surprisingly held up really well, too! It kind of bothers me that they don't match, but out bathroom is green, tan/gold, and brown, so I'm ok with it.



{Yes, I could have refolded those sweaters, but I'm keeping it real. And yes, that's nail polish storage in the bottom right corner. That's for another day..}




That's about 70 pairs of shoes, y'all (the two empty slots at the bottom of the first and third vertical organizers have since been filled and I've stuffed a pair or two of new flip flops in with others. (I have a problem.) And yes, I wear all of them. Just not all the time, haha. Especially the heels. I got the bins at Big Lots for $1 each and wrote on notecards the brand, size, color, material and name. Eventually I'll take pictures and print them out to add on there. Aaand the Caparros were my wedding shoes, I can't bare the throw that box away!

So far, this storage is working out great for me. I like having all of my shoes in one place instead of some under the bed, some in a completely different bedroom (be it in the closet or behind the door) and some actually IN my closet. Now, if only I could learn to put them back into their little slots after I kick them off!!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment or question? Let me know.