8.24.2012

{21 weeks}

 {source}




How far along? 21 weeks.
Total weight gain: We'll find out in a few days, but right now my story is still 4lbs.
Maternity clothes? Still mixing in with my before clothes. I'll be able to wear a lot of my tops with skirts, it's not until I wear the maternity jeans or shorts that the secret panel belly thing comes down so low that I do need the extra length.
Stretch marks? Can I just take this question out? They're not going anywhere.
Sleep: It's still a struggle. I've been waking up a lot on my back. I know that the reason that I'm waking up is because my body is tell me to, either that or I need to go potty, but I still haaate it. I hate the feeling of turning on my side and having gravity do its thing. Just weird.
Best moment this week: Finding out we're having a boy!
Miss Anything? Nothing new. Still caesar dressing and beer/margaritas.
Movement:
I'm feeling them daily now but still nowhere near a pattern or constant.
Food cravings: I'm always in the mood for food. I just want to EAT! Loving Mexican still. And gummy bears. And Cheetos puffs. Haha.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope.
Gender: MALE!!
Labor Signs: None.
Symptoms: None, really.
Belly Button in or out? It's getting shallow! I stuck my finger in there yesterday to see what the status of it was and yep, we're definitely on our way to being an outie. Still got a little ways to go, but it's getting there.
Wedding rings on or off? On.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy.
Looking forward to: Our next ob/gyn appointment in 4 days. There's a tropical storm making it's way into the gulf but the forecast models are beginning to stear it away from us, so that's good for us. Our appointment is on the day that it's supposed to make landfall! I don't want to cancel.. I want to hear my boy and hear the doc say we're looking good! That and they started having a $25 cancellation fee. Is a tropical storm a legit reason to cancel? Because I don't play with those things!!



Cannot believe this week. We found out that we're having a BOY!









{Love this one with Bella looking up at us. I had no idea she was there! My little photo bomber.}




We didn't have a professional photographer, haha, so thanks iphone cameras for sucking. I love the pictures from the party, though. And look what my momma made!



She saw it on Pinterest and knew she had to make it! I'm absolutely in loooove with it. And the fruit was so yummy. I've definitely been craving fruit lately so I sat with this baby for a while during and after the party!



I loved the dress I wore, too. I had been stalking it at Target for weeks when one day I saw it on the clearance rack for $7. I had a $3 off coupon so I got it for $4. That's kind of awesome. I didn't feel so bad about buying a $12 patent nude belt!



{Don't mind the mess, I'm testing out yellow stripe sheets on the bed. And look, the photo bomber made an appearance.}



And here are the 21 weeks pictures. Go back to last week's pictures and see how much we've grown! I definitely feel it, too. I sleep in my husbands shirts that were accidentally shrunken in the dryer and those are getting tight around my belly. Pretty soon I'll need new sleep shirts! That first picture just makes me look SO cute pregnant. I LOVE IT!

Oh. I just realized I haven't told y'all his name, yet!

MATTHEW KENT!

We both wanted something traditional and Matthew just seemed to stick. There aren't any in either of our families so we knew it was golden. And middle names, well, he didn't want a junior or anything having to do with his name {first or middle} and neither of us were super duper close with our grand fathers and we didn't want to update one dad or the other so we just went rogue. It's no secret that my husband is a lover of all things comic books, Batman being his favorite. Bruce or Wayne wasn't happening so we went to his next favorite. Clark Kent. Superman.

Kent immediately stuck out to us. Matthew Kent. We just kept saying it and before we knew it, we had ourselves a name. And let me tell you! Announcing it at the party was just so, so amazing. Not only do we have a baby, but we have a baby boy. A baby boy with a NAME! That he'll have forever and ever. Just so amazing to me, haha.

It was a great weekend. Not to mention that one of my most beloved bestie friends showed up. It worked out perfectly that she was in from school in Virginia doing some wedding planning and fit us into her schedule. After not seeing her for 4 months, I straight up cried when I saw her. I was completely overjoyed. And completely emotional. The. Whole. Day.

<3.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment or question? Let me know.