{source}
How far along? 22 weeks.
Total weight gain: Eep. We're up to 9 pounds. I have a feeling that being stuck at home for 3 days while my mom cooked everything in our freezer had something to do with it!Maternity clothes? Yes.
Stretch marks? Yep.
Sleep: Oh, sleep. How I miss you. It's not too bad, I can't really complain, but I sure to miss my tummy sleeping days!
Best moment this week: Our ob appointment was pushed back 4 days due to Hurricane Isaac so hearing that sweet heart rate (at 142) as soon as the tech put the doppler on my belly was so awesome. I was hoping he fared well though momma's silent nervous moments thanks to high winds and the lights flickering.
Miss Anything? Not anymore, no.
Movement: We're moving everyday now and I love it. I tell Danny all the time how I wish he could feel it, not just on the outside, but on the inside. To know what those flutters feel like, what those kicks feel like, it's pretty awesome.
Food cravings: It's more of a constant hunger than a craving. I'm always hungry and when I think of something or hear someone talking about something, I have to have it.
Anything making you queasy or sick: No.
Gender: BOY
Labor Signs: No.
Symptoms: Round ligament pains have begin. Those are no fun. And I seem to have gotten something called De Quervian Syndrome. Basically, it's the inflammation of the tendons in the thumb and surrounding area. I over did it cleaning up post hurricane and since I can't take Ibuprofen, there's really nothing I can do for it except ice it, keep it wrapped up so I don't re-injure, and get as many soft tissue massages from the hubs. Those help SO much.
Belly Button in or out? Y'all, it's getting shallow up in there!
Wedding rings on or off? I've been wearing both of them for a while but this morning it wasn't happening. So I'm just wearing my wedding band today. I'm on the fence about whether or not to get a fake engagement ring.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy.
Looking forward to: Working on the closet system and possibly getting the crib this weekend! Next doc appointment is in 3 weeks and it's the big gestational diabetes test day!
I'm a week late on getting this done, I know. Hurricane Isaac gave me a 3 days off last week and Friday was a mess at work trying to get things ready for monthly billing and yesterday was a holiday sooo, I'm here. Today. A few days late.
I took these pictures in the morning about 30 minutes after I woke up. I think I need to stick with taking them in the late afternoon- My bump is bigger then! I guess things had time to settle all day, huh? Seeing these pictures really makes me realize how much I need a GOOD camera! I don't realize how grainy they are until I upload them from my phone. I think it's the reflection in the mirror that does it because not all my pictures are like that!
Anyway, as I mentioned earlier, Hurricane Isaac wreaked havoc upon southeast Louisiana last week. To see a town that I grew up not 5 minutes away from completely under water just breaks my heart. Being on the northshore of Lake Ponchartrain helped us stay dry (and surprisingly we kept our satellite and electricity the whole time, too) but my heart goes out to those who lost everything. Having seen the house I grew up in flood twice, I know what it's like to rebuild and put the pieces back together. No one expected a Category 1 hurricane to be that bad but since it was only moving 8 mph, it sat over the state dumping water and pushing the surge in further and further. Rivers and levees breached flooding homes that had never seen floods before. A week later and thousands of people are still without power.
Having this little bambino safe and sound in my belly while we watched the destruction is a complete blessing and we thank the Lord every day for being so lucky.
The closet system I ordered was delayed due to the storm but it should be delivered today, if not tomorrow and I'm definitely ready to start working on it! I need organization in that closet! In that room, rather. It's a mess in there. We're going to lay floor boards in the attic so we can move bins of stuff my mom made me take out of her house up there to get them out of the nursery and that'll make room for the crib! I hope I can get my way and go pick the crib up this weekend. I'll be one happy momma! The fabric I ordered for the curtains should come in soon, too. Definitely ready to get this show on the road and do some major decorating!


0 comments:
Post a Comment
Have a comment or question? Let me know.