9.07.2012

{23 weeks}






How far along? 23 Weeks.
Total weight gain: I'm going to round it up to 10 pounds. And we'll stay there until the next appointment in 3 weeks.
Maternity clothes? Yep.
Stretch marks? Yep.
Sleep: I've decided that drinking water after 8pm is no longer allowed. I got up to pee no less than 6 times last night. Absurd! And it's getting more difficult to ROLL out of bed these days.
Best moment this week: Just feeling him move on a daily basis is so wonderful. 
Miss Anything? Nothing new.
Movement:
Lots. I read that I should start seeing belly movement soon so that makes me wonder if I should be able to start feeling him move from the outside soon. Sometimes he does swift kicks, so I'm looking forward to it!
Food cravings: Still with the Mexican. We're going again tonight. I just can't get enough of it!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope. 
Gender: BOY.
Labor Signs: None.
Symptoms: Over the weekend the ligaments in my right hand started to freak out. Specifically the ones that allow my thumb range of movement. De Quervian's Syndrome apparently. It's gotten about 90% better though.
Belly Button in or out? Getting more and more shallow!
Wedding rings on or off? On, mostly.

Happy or Moody most of the time: TIRED. The weeks have turned into days.
Looking forward to: Projects this weekend! We're putting floor boards in the attic so we can move storage bins up there and make room for the crib. I'm going to try and get the crib this weekend, too. I've got lots of crafts lined up, too!



I'm still amazed at how I'm growing. I mean, look at the belly!






I've changed the sheets on the bet yet again. I decided that I don't like the yellow addition as much as I thought I would. Maybe because it was the only yellow in the room as of yet? But I found a sheet set for $10 at Ross that matches the light blue in the quilt PERFECTLY and even has the same sheen as the green comforter/shams. Then while at TJ Max, I found those darker blue, borderline teal throw pillows for $10 each and they match the quilt, too! I totally lucked out on that! But I've officially done tweaking the bed. I need to watch my spending! So I have 3 sets of possible sheets for the bed (green, yellow and blue) which is more than enough! The bed looks pretty plain but with the addition of a navy headboard that I'm making this weekend, I think it'll look awesome. Very excited to get that extra height in! 

I'm hoping to get a lot done in the nursery this weekend. We don't have any plans that require us leaving the house so I'm hoping to get SOMETHING done! Hubs and our awesome neighbor are putting floor boards in the attic Saturday morning so that will free up a ton of space in the nursery (and the garage!) so it won't look so cluttered in the nursery. I'm REALLY hoping we can get the crib, too. I just want it in there so badly! Who cares if we don't have the mattress or any bedding.. I want iiiit.

I ordered fabric to do make semi homemade curtains for the window and the closet and the closet system came in, too. So that's definitely on my to do list! Wanna know what else I've got lined up?

* DIY three curtains (1 for window, 2 for closet)
* DIY Crib skirt
* DIY Mobile
* Closet system install- remove doors
* DIY Bunting
* Paint various odds and ends
* Get FOUR navy bins
* Name letters (hang somehow)
* Canvas art
* Frame art
* Slip cover rocker

Aaaand I think that's it. Organizing the closet is a completely different story. I'm not sure how we're going to set it up just yet. We ordered THIS and it has a few installation options. I think I like the one on the website the best, actually..



The closet is 8 feet by 8 feet so it's pretty big. We're going to keep the original shelf that's in there but take out the bar that the builders put in. We'll just put this under it and maybe add another shelf at the top since there's about 2 feet of unused space up there! The uprights are only 4 feet tall so it'll work out great with floor to ceiling storage! Very excited to see what's in my brain actually happen. I feel that way with this entire nursery- SO many ideas!

Maybe I'll have a preview of the nursery next week. Or maybe I'll just wait until it's complete to show it here. We'll see!!









0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment or question? Let me know.