9.14.2012

{24 weeks}

 {source}




How far along? 24 weeks.. 6 months.. So excited!
Total weight gain: Can I just add a pound every week at this point? I should be 11 pounds? 12 pounds? Next doctors appointment in 10 days to find out. Also, the glucose test.
Maternity clothes? Yes.
Stretch marks? Yes.
Sleep: I was doing good with the whole not waking up on my back thing but that's gone downhill. I hate hate hate it, too. Between the nightmares it gives me and the whole gravity thing, it's just not pleasant.
Best moment this week: Assembling the CRIB! It got so real when we were done, too. I made the curtains and hung some decor while we were in there. It's looking more and more like a nursery!
Miss Anything? Same ole, same ole. Mostly, sleeping on my stomach.
Movement:
Every day now. We're talking to him more and more and even playing the poking game.
Food cravings: Once I set my mind on something, it has to happen.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope.
Gender: Boy.
Labor Signs: No.
Symptoms: The round ligament pain comes and goes. My wrist is better but it still has its weak moments.
Belly Button in or out? Innie until I start to play with it to make it an outie. So funny.
Wedding rings on or off? Some days off, most days on.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy. Sleepy!
Looking forward to: Going maternity clothing shopping this weekend! I tried on some non maternity dresses a few days ago and was quickly reminded that I'm 6 months pregnant. They just did not work out. And I would like to get a pair of skinny jeans to wear flats and boots with. We're slowly transitioning into Fall so I want to be prepared!



We're officially 6 months! I cannot believe 24 weeks have gone by! Only 16 more if we go full term! So crazy to think about. In 3 to 4 months we'll meet baby Matthew! That just warms my little heart.






{Mind over matter: wearing Fall clothes makes it Fall outside..}


You'll notice that I'm no longer in the nursery- We took the closet doors off (yay!) and that's where the mirror was hung. New location is in the hallway! Which I'm ok with, I want to do a nursery reveal when everything is done. Things are definitely progressing in there and I'm SO excited! Seeing what's in my head come to life is so awesome. And the fabric I picked for the curtains and crib skirt just makes me so, so happy. I'm going to tackle the crib skirt this weekend.

Here's my updated list of things to do..


* DIY three curtains (1 for window, 2 for closet)
* DIY Crib skirt
* DIY Mobile
* Closet system install- remove doors
* DIY Bunting
* Paint various odds and ends
* Get FOUR navy bins (I actually decided on three.)
* Name letters (hang somehow)
* Canvas art
* Frame art
* Slip cover rocker
*Make headboard for bed.


I still need to figure out what to do above the bed. On both walls. I thought about painting some canvases I have solid colors to match, but that might be too much. I guess I'll leave that to be the last thing I do so I can see what the walls needs. I'll probably end up with some sort of picture wall. The canvases are 11x14 (or so) and I've got 4 of them. 2 would be too little, 4 is too much.. Maybe 3? We'll see. Like I said, all that color might be too much. Unless I leave half blank, do some sort of modern thing or something. Hm, that's an idea. Pinterest here I come. Ha!

I added make a headboard for the bed in there to the list. But that was just as simple as stapling fabric to a premade headboard (that was a picture in a former life) and shoved behind the bed. I'm sure I'll end up hanging it since it moves when the bed does, but for now, it's just sitting on the box spring as support. Looks awesome, too. Definitely finishes the bed! 

I bought some glossy mod podge to paint some matte card stock with for the mobile. This mobile will be hung over the changing table. I haven't decided if I want a traditional mobile over the crib or not since his name letters are the star of the show above the crib. But again, we'll see. Still not sure on how to hang the letter, eithers. I might sew some ribbon into them and hang it on the ends. That way I don't have to have each letter perfectly straight. I wish I had thought ahead of time and took care of that as I was making them. I think I can still make it work. Wondering what they're made of yet?  ;)

The bunting will be easy, just colored cardstock glued to premade bunting that I came across while in Hobby Lobby. I think I have the perfect spot for it, but I need to hang it there to be sure. Part of me wants to leave the bunting white! With all the bold colors we have in there, I need to keep the space feeling as large as possible. Between the bed, the crib, the changing table and the rocker, space is LIMITED! But not so much that it's claustrophobic in there, just a wee bit tight. 

And the slip cover for the rocker.. Well, one, that's grammy's job. And two, I'm still a little on the fence on whether or not I need it. Again, it might be too much, even if I use a white fabric. No, it won't match the rest of the nursery furniture, but it's a solid, well made piece of furniture in it's own right and as soon as I get a foot rest/ottoman for it, it might just work as is.

Things are progressing right on track at this point, I'd like to be done before the baby shower, which I think will happen around 31 weeks so I'll be ready to put stuff away without having to decorate around it. We installed the closet system, but it can be modified to what I need it to be. I've played around with a few layouts and I think I have the best one, but once we have clothes and other stuff in there, I might need to move shelves around. Just need to see what we'll have, first! I've got about 7 weeks to prepare for that.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment or question? Let me know.