{source}
How far along? 18 weeks! So crazy awesome.
Total weight gain: FOUR pounds! Had a doctors appointment and I asked her my starting weight and where I am now and when she told me and I realized that I've only gained four pounds, I was so relieved. I know I'll gain a lot more, but four pounds in 18 weeks? I can live with that. Just have to keep doing what I'm doing. And try to be more active. Maternity clothes? Yep.
Stretch marks? Yep.
Sleep: It's getting better. I've gone back to the body pillow and it's working out pretty good. I still want to lay on my stomach though. Shifting sides and gravity don't go together! Haha.
Best moment this week: Hearing a strong heart rate of 142bpm after it took the tech longer than a minute to find it! I seriously started to freak out and had to tell myself to just breathe and relax. When she walked out of the room I immediately teared up. So, so scary. I knew he was hanging out on the left side so after she couldn't find it on the right side, I spoke up. She started on the far left and moved in towards my belly button. About an inch below it she found the heartbeat!
Miss Anything? Getting home on a Friday afternoon and having an adult beverage. I don't NEED it, but I'm realizing just how much of a routine it became for us with going out to eat and whatnot.
Movement: Still waiting! I thought I felt some bubbles a couple of days ago but I'm thinking it was just gas. Persistent gas.
Food cravings: Still, not so much cravings as it's I gotta have what you're having. The guys at work ordered pizzas for a meeting and ever since it's all I can think about. We'll probably get pizza for dinner. Mm, or a calzone. Yes.
Anything making you queasy or sick: I think it's safe to say that this has moved on!
Gender: My instincts are telling me boy. Heartburn, clear skin, CLUMSY, no specific cravings.. There's something to be said about old wives tales! We'll find out in 15 days!
Labor Signs: None.
Symptoms: Still just really tired all the time. And heartburn. Not horribly bad but enough to be uncomfortable.
Belly Button in or out? In.
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Still with the hormones! Mostly happy.. Though I do have my silent moments of "I just want to yell at you" and I do tend to snap at hubby for silly things.
Looking forward to: This weekend! Mom is coming into town to see my belly! We're going to lunch and I think we'll show her the crib we've picked out. It's state tax free weekend for back to school so I'm hoping maaaaaybe we can buy it?
Almost half way! Taking pictures last night I was REALLY surprised with how much I've grown. I've heard about the moment you notice that you've "popped" and I'm pretty sure last night was it for me. I mean, LOOK!!
{It's so big!}
{I just had to add this one.. Look at Bella's tongue. Ha!}
I swear, I get so happy looking at these pictures!! It's still so unreal to me. Aaaand there's a sneak peak of the quilt I've been stalking! It's just so perfect. I've been staring it down at Big Lots for a couple months and when I was in there last week, I just had to purchase it. We're 2 weeks from finding out the gender so I can always return it if we're not having a boy (though I totally think we are) buuuut the more I look at it, the more I see ways that it can work for a girl, too.
I was going to do shabby chic, cottage cute if we had a girl, but I would have to buy all new furniture for that since I feel it only looks good with white furniture. I don't want to buy all new stuff so I think I'm pretty much set on this quilt and an owl that we found as inspiration pieces..
I wish these pictures did the colors justice. I neeeed a better camera! If it's a girl, I'll just add more magenta and royal purples {The current set of sheets on the bed are a deep eggplant color and it looks great with the quilt. I'll switch to teal or navy if it's a boy}. And for a boy,I'll run with the teals, blues and oranges. The shade of green that's in the owl and the quilt is the shade of green that's literally ALL over my house so I knew it was perfect. I have tons of decor that I can move around. And I'll keep the white going strong to balance it all out. And all of these rich colors look great against our tan walls so yay for no painting! Did not want to paint!
Regardless, I'm going to be bringing in yellows and greens. Those are gender neutral accents that will work with both pieces. There's a comforter that I'm going to keep on the bed hidden under the quilt. I'm not sure about how to set up the bed {day bed style or normal} so right now the quilt is just on top of it. But it's reversible.. One side is green and white with birds in a tree and the other side is the EXACT same shade of green that's in the quilt. I mean, same sheen and all. Yay for reusing shams! The quilt came with shams so I'll have SIX pillows on this bed. That excites me. Can never have too many pillows!
Moving on, look at that picture.. See how the left side of my tummy is sticking out more than the right? The skirt isn't straight so I know it's throwing you off, but that's how I know where he is. He's ALWAYS on that side. When I bend over to flip my hair over so I can diffuse it, it's crazy seeing that side stick out more. Makes me smile.
And here's a view from the top. Can officially no longer see my feet unless I bend forward. BIG different when I look at the picture I took at 14 weeks! Shows what a month can do!
I think this post is long enough, huh? Can't believe we're 11 days away from the anatomy scan and 15 days away from the party!! I'm getting excited!!


0 comments:
Post a Comment
Have a comment or question? Let me know.