{source}
How far along? 20 weeks. 5 months. Halfway there!
Total weight gain: I'm not stepping on the scale. I read that at this point, I should gain a pound a week from here on out. I started out a little heavier than what "they" recommend so maybe not that much. We'll see. Maternity clothes? Yep. I'm trying to convince myself that maternity yoga pants are appropriate for the work place. They're just too comfortable.
Stretch marks? More and more each week.
Sleep: Rough. I haaaate waking up on my back. Always have, but now it's even worse. The feeling I get when I roll over to my side is just odd. Gravity takes over. And when I stand up, whoa gravity.
Best moment this week: Seeing our little tiny for the first tiiiime! I can't even express to you how exciting it was to see his/her face, those tiny ears and feet. And muscular legs! The tech kept saying how muscular they are, which of course made daddy happy!
Miss Anything? Nothing new.
Movement: I wonder sometimes if what I'm feeling is movement. My instincts says they are, but it's just so hard to believe. I'm still amazed that there's a tiny person inside me.
Food cravings: Hot fudge. Chocolate. And more hot fudge. I'm tempted every night to just sit with a jar and spoon it into my mouth. I don't do this, but I think about it heavily. Note to self: keep cookie dough in the fridge.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope.
Gender: We'll find out TOMORROW!!!
Labor Signs: Nope.
Symptoms: Little bouts of heartburn here and there, but overall, nothing much. Tiny is giving my allergy medicine a run for it's money, though! Either that or the weather is wreaking havoc on my sinuses.
Belly Button in or out? It's getting more and more shallow.. Very weird.
Wedding rings on or off? Some days they're both on, some days it's just my wedding band. Today, I've got both.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy. Excited, really. Unless I'm tired. Then notsomuch.
Looking forward to: The gender reveal party TOMORROW!
Halfway there and I couldn't be more excited. It's been such a quick 20 weeks.. Rather, 5 months! I like saying 5 months, makes it seem like it's been much longer. And only 4 months to go! We're measuring 2 days ahead so we're doing good! When we went in for the anatomy scan, we were 19 weeks 4 days and we measured 19 weeks 6 days. The tech was super happy that we were within 2 days. But keep growing, little one! Momma wants a 2012 baby!
Looking at my belly, I'm amazed at how much we've grown. I printed out the weekly pictures so I can put them on display at the party for those who haven't seen me recently and it's so incredible to see the progression! It's very difficult for me not to take pictures every day, too. I just love this bump! So crazy for me to be saying that, too, considering the insecurity issues I've always had. But this bump, I celebrate this bump! I'm doing better with the whole not sucking in thing. I don't want to take away from the bump.
Baby Cookie was laying horizontally across my belly, face down. So, so awesome to see. I grew bones, y'all. That's pretty amazing to me. We tried to get Cookie to flip but it didn't happen. Sure was squirming and kicking a lot though! I saw them, just didn't feel any.
Tiny foot! We tried to get a picture of both feet facing us, but every time we would get close, Cookie would move. I think someone was playing games with us! Sweet baby.
Look at those legs! Makes daddy happy to see those muscular legs. He, of course, wants a future soccer player! I'm just happy to see legs!
Aaaand look closely. The tech knew that we didn't want to know the gender, but is it just me or does that look like a little something something, boy anatomy going on there? Haha. I have NO idea. I couldn't tell you the difference between a boy and a girl at 10 inches long unless it was clear as day. I hope there's a good picture in the envelope she gave us!!
Speaking of the envelope, it's been teasing me for 3 days now. I want to open it SO bad but I know it'll be worth it when we open the box and see balloons fly out. Tomorrow afternoon cannot come quick enough! I'm not sure what I'm more excited about, finding out the gender or having all of our closest friends and family with us joining in on the fun. It'll be a good day!
Gotta have the Bella picture!

0 comments:
Post a Comment
Have a comment or question? Let me know.