4.11.2012

easter 2012

I know, I know, it's been over a week. I've been busy at work and that's prime blogging time so let's just say I went on vacation to this awesome place and left my camera at home, ok? Thanks.

Easter 2012 came and went so quickly but it was a fun day. My in laws were on a cruise so we invited my family {and awesome neighbor who so awesomely helped us hang an outdoor ceiling fan!} to come over- We hosted our first Easter! I wish I had taken a picture of all the food. We're still having leftovers! Gotta thank my awesome hubby for all the grilling! Though the weather was amazing, standing in the sun over a bbq pit isn't fun.

Mom wanted an egg hunt so I put eggs out around the house for her to find. They were pretty much out in the open and she originally thought that they were just decorations. It wasn't until I told her to find all 18 that she realized it was a game. And silly momma, never leave your basket unattended. You're just asking for me to take a handful out and re hide them! We all had some good laughs over it. I still smile about it- she's just so much fun.

We did, however, talk about getting matching tattoos. My cousin and her daughter (my 2nd cousin) got matching ones not long ago and I've been asking mom to get one with me. I think she was joking when she said that she would do it, but only if it was a dragon fly. I pulled up a few line drawings and sent them to her. I think #3 is my favorite, #4 a close second. I'm pretty much out of space in the normal tattoo hiding places, so I'm thinking about getting it on my right rib cage, just under the bra line. 



I don't know if it'll ever happen, but I would like for it to. I told her she could get #6, one for me and one for my brother. I think they're cute! I originally wanted to get white tattoos so when they fade, you can only see them at a certain angle, but if I get it on my rib cage, I'll go with black probably. 


Moving on! I, of course, had to do an Easter manicure! I've seen a lot going around the interwebs lately so I jumped on the band wagon..






Sally Hansen- Yellow Kitty, 4 coats
Sinful Colors- Island Coral, 2 coats
Essence- No More Drama, 3 coats
China Glaze- Sea Spray, 3 coats
Sinful Colors- Open Seas, 2 coats


I love love love this mani! It's so fun. Yes, I'm still wearing it 3 days later. I had a break on one finger but other than that, the polish is holding up well. The Essence polish is the only one with tip chipping. 

And lookie what I made! I saw this on Pinterest and had to make it myself!


It was a double layer chocolate fudge cake with vanilla icing. I wanted to make sure my hubby would eat it so instead of white cake, I used chocolate cake. I didn't worry about perfect icing since the peeps and m&ms would cover it, but let me tell you! The crumb layer was the entire cake. Ha! And the icing. Well, it was sugar free! The cake aisle was crowded and I didn't even realize that I picked up two tubs of sugar free icing until we got home. When I realized this, I quickly opened one to see if there was a difference and NOPE! I'll be getting sugar free icing from now on. I'm sure if you put them against each other in a taste test that you could tell the difference, but it was still yummy.


I'm loving this home ownership and hosting family get togethers thing. We just started planning a fence so hopefully we'll have that up soon and who knows what kinds of parties we'll be throwing then! Very exciting.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment or question? Let me know.