9.26.2011

{nails of the week}

Ulta had their 21 days of beauty over the last 3 weeks and though I was interested in a few of the days, the one I really wanted to take advantage of was their buy one, get one free on Butter London nail polish. This polish is normally $14 a bottle, and though $7 is more than I typically buy [well, not so much anymore] I could work with 2 for $14.

September 21st rolled around and as soon as I got to work at 8am, I went on the Ulta site and began the search for what colors I wanted to order. After looking at swatches of All Hail the Queen, I put that one in my basket. Then I started looking for the other color. Wallis caught my eye so I put that on in my basket, too. Then I realized that it was a limit of 4. So I could buy 2 and get 2 free.. Nice. I went back to look for other colors and when I put Victoriana in my basket, I noticed that Wallis was sold out. Wth, right?

So I tried going back to the Butter London home page aaaand it was down. I waited 5 minutes and it was still down. I then did the only thing I could think of.. I texted my hubby to see if he could stop at Ulta and pick up a couple bottles for me. I knew he would be out and about that morning and since Ulta didn't open until 10, he had time to run his errands. I asked him to pick up Wallis and All Hail the Queen, but if they didn't have one of those to get Victoriana.

When I got home, I found All Hail the Queen and Victoriana on the bar waiting for me. SO PRETTY! I couldn't wait to take my polish off. I was still wearing the teal and gold mani [and it was wearing VERY well, might I add] and it was the middle of the week so I waited until Friday to switch it up. Which wasn't so bad, I was so bored at work Friday afternoon, I picked off ALL the polish.

Anyway, pictures? Click to enlarge.




All Hail the Queen is a stone taupe with tons of iridescent glitter in it. Not chunky glitter, the kind that is impossible to remove, but more of a teeny tiny glitter. You'll see what I mean in a minute.

Here's how the Butter London website described it.."Rock it like royalty in this opaque, holographic beige. If you love our best selling lacquer Yummy Mummy this winter version will delight!"

Which is good because I was thinking about getting Yummy Mummy!




See? You can see the "glitter" in this picture. 





It really is a beautiful color. Very office appropriate for those who need to follow guidelines. Thankfully, that doesn't apply to me!





 The bottle top pulls off to reveal a post with a precious bird on it. I'm not too sure what it means, but I like it. I don't, however, like the post.. It hurts my fingers when trying to pry open the bottle.




In this picture, you get a glimpse of what this is going to look like outside. Now, I had NO idea just how gorgeous this polish was until I went outside.




Isn't she a beaut? I know it's kind of blurry, but that's the only way to show the hidden gem of holographic beautifulness. Focus on my middle finger and my pinky. I think those 2 are the best representation.




Here's the 2 colors I got.. All Hail the Queen on the left and Victoriana on the right. 




Victoriana is a blue shimmer. I think that'll be my next mani.


And there ya go! I LOVE these polishes. I think All Hail the Queen could have gotten away with 2 coats, but I used three for optimal opaqueness. As far as it's staying time.. Well, I'm not too sure about that one. I've got some wear and tear around the tips of my nails and a chip on my thumb nail. I didn't do major cleaning or anything over the weekend, so I'm a little bummed that this isn't lasting as good as I had hoped. It should get me through the week, though. Which is really all I want out of a polish. I get bored to easily. 

Go check out the Butter London site. They have a pretty good range of colors. I'm sad that not all of them are offered at Ulta. I'm pretty sure I'll be stalking Wallis, though. I pretty much need that one in my life. I mean, just look at how the website describes it.. "A tarnished, metallic olive gold, as mysterious and regal as its namesake." LOVE! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment or question? Let me know.