So with an hour before the Big Brother finale {I have a love/hate relationship with the fact that Rachel won, btw..}I decided to sit down and do my nails. The color I bought was Ulta's Mint Condition.
Stupid iPhone camera. That says Mint Condition.
With the new base coat I'm trying out and my HG fast dry top coat. LOVE that stuff.
Before I show you pictures, I'm not entirely happy with this nail polish. Since it's my first from Ulta, I'll give the brand another chance with a different color, but this polish was goopy yet sheer.. Weird, right? Took me 3 coats for full opacity and even then there's some spots where I could have gone over again. Overall though, I'm really happy with the color, I just wish the formula was better. I think a creme polish should be opaque in one coat- the second coat should just be for good measure. But that's just me & my bratty self.
Pretty, right? I LOVE the color. If you put it against blue, it turns green.. If you put it next to green, it turns blue. But then I decided that maybe I should do a bling finger.. so into the ever growing nail polish collection I went! And I emerged with Milani's Gold Glitz!
I thought about doing a gold crackle, but I knew if I did that, I would want to do it to ALL my fingers. I love crackle. I picked this bottle up about a month or so ago and had yet to wear it. I've heard great reviews about it really being a one coat glitter. I was sceptical even after seeing pictures online, but when I put it on, I was a believer!
MUCH thicker than I wanted, but still so pretty. I wanted something thin so you could still see the blue {green?} underneath, but this was VERY opaque with one coat! And after looking at it all day, I think I need to really go over it again to get the edges so you can't see any other color. I might be too lazy to do that, though.
Here's a close up so you can see the colors.. It's got a light gold, a medium gold and an almost copper like color in there. Really, really pretty. Since I already used the Seche Vite on the Ulta color, I didn't want to use it on top of the glitter {if you use it over dry polish, it makes the polish peel off} so I used the Sally Hansen top coat.. Well, I don't think that worked out too well.. This glitter is VERY hungry and the top coat almost turned it into a matte glitter. Note to self.
And just because I love instagram, here's a lovely pic from there..
And there you have it, my nails of the week! I don't think I've ever worn a color quite like this, but I'm glad I jumped on the mint green, antique jade, gray blue dusty creme train! They're little chameleons! {I totally just spelled that word correctly on the first try. I swear, I amaze myself sometimes..}
Oh, the little things in life..







0 comments:
Post a Comment
Have a comment or question? Let me know.