11.09.2012

{32 weeks}

 {source}





How far along? 32 weeks. 8 months!
Total weight gain: We had an unexpected ob appointment a few days ago and I hadn't gained any. We'll see at next weeks appointment!
Maternity clothes? Yes! I actually bought some sweatpants a size up to accommodate the belly. My prepregnancy sweats still fit but they're a bit too snug when I sit.
Stretch marks? They're not going anywhere.
Sleep: When I lay down, I can't seem to figure out how to make it work. Seems like no matter how I lay, I get short of breath. I don't want to say it but I might have to start sleeping on an incline. Or sitting up. Not looking forward to that!
Best moment this week: Hearing the doc tell me that I'm not in labor and that baby is fine.
Miss Anything? Still the same stuff. And sleep. And being able to walk for extended periods of time without frantically searching for a potty.
Movement:
Bunches. I need to get better with the not freaking out if he doesn't move for a few hours thing. I'm just so used to his movements that when I don't feel them, I panic. He's just sleeping. Right? Right.
Food cravings: These seem to be dwindling down. I don't really seem to have an appetite lately. I mean, I eat, but it's not because I'm craving anything, it's just because I'm hungry and I need the nutrients. 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope.
Gender: Boy.
Labor Signs: We had a little scare early in the week but it turned out to be dehydration and Braxton Hicks. I took a day off of work and drank a lot, A LOT of water and we haven't had one since.
Symptoms: Nothing new. Except the Braxton Hicks thing.
Belly Button in or out? Still in but we're getting there!
Wedding rings on or off? Some days I can still wear my wedding band, some days I need to wear the cheapy replacement that's 2 sizes up.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Tired.
Looking forward to: Our baby shower this weekend! I've been registry stalking and seeing the purchases makes me feel so blessed that people are spending their hard earned money on me and my little family. I cannot wait to see everyone.




EIGHT MONTHS! I can't believe how fast time has gone by!














We took maternity pictures over the weekend and so far from the sneak peeks that have shown up on Facebook, we're loving them! Cannot wait to see them all though! A friend of mine from high school did them and she's really good. Here's to hoping I'll get them in the next few weeks!

I'm pretty sure the nursery is officially done! Well, with the exception of the stuff that we'll get from the baby shower and what's left of the registry after that. But as far as all of the decorating, it's done! And I'm very happy with the way it turned out. It's nurseryish, but definitely not overboard baby. I think if we weren't keeping the bed in there, I might have had a little more freedom to go baby crazy, but the bed takes up so much space, I had to use the leftover space wisely! There's still a few things in there that don't belong, but we're moving them out slowly. Finding places for things.

So about the scare earlier in the week. I'm pretty sure it was my fault. We went to New Orleans Monday to go to the Saints game and got there early to see the Batmobiles on tour. It was so awesome to see them! But after walking around for that and then in Champion Square waiting for the game to start, my body was exhausted. Bottles of water were $4 a pop so we weren't too excited about that, especially when we could get a refillable soda cup for $11. So at half time, we were both exhausted. Hubs had work in the morning and I was having Braxton Hicks so we called it a night and I was in bed before the game had even ended. {We ended up beating the Philadelphia Eagles 24-13 that night.}

Well, the next morning I woke up with more contractions and hadn't felt him move since the night before. I tried calming myself down and drinking cold water and sugary sweets to get him to move and when that didn't work, I panicked. I called the doctor's office and they told me to come in as soon as possible for a non stress test. I was on my way to work that afternoon when they called so I popped in and 2 hours later, I was told everything was fine. His heart rate was perfect and I wasn't dilated. Better safe than sorry though, right?

I took the next day off of work to rest and drink as much water as I could. Very happy to say that I haven't had another Braxton Hicks contraction since. I just don't like those!! So note to self, don't over do it. It won't end well! That'll be the last time I do that much walking without drinking until this little boy is born, that's for sure! Still can't believe that'll be in 7 weeks or less! So exciting!!






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment or question? Let me know.