1.24.2012

{updates & a recipe}

I'm really bad at keeping up with things. I have the time, I'm not quite sure why I don't write in here more.

First, as if you care, I stopped using the Hair One cleansing conditioner. For being such a great moisturizer, it gave me dandruff. {!!!} No bueno. So I went back to my Dove nourishing oil 'poo and conditioner. I suppose my hair just likes sulfates. I'll use the Hair One stuff every now and then though. I got used to the smell and the argan oil really, really makes a difference in the texture of my hair. I'm sure that after the Dove is gone, I'll go back to Herbal Essences.. I LOVE that stuff. I like both purple bottles and the blue bottle. I mix and match so my hair doesn't get used to one product.

Um. I went on a diet for a week, realized it does more harm than good so I quit, aaand then I saw that I had lost 7 pounds. So torn. But I'm not putting my body through anything that it's not supposed to deal with. So we're going to diet the old fashioned way. And I'm going to update on the old blogger here in the 12 in 2012 tab. Low carb, low sugar, low calorie, high protein.. No rice, bread, potatoes or fruit. 5-6 days a week, that is. We are going to allow ourselves to "cheat" so we don't feel like we're holding ourselves back, resulting in binge eating. And by we, I mean the hubs and I.

I actually made a very delicious dinner last night. Fish tacos with cucumber, tomato and a srircha green onion sauce. So, so good! I wish I had a recipe for it, but I don't. I did, however, take pictures. They're not the best, just my iPhone. But follow along!




First, you're going to want to let your fish of choice marinate. We had some frozen trout, but use whatever flaky, white fish you have. I'm glad this still had the skin on, made it easier to cook without completely falling apart! I marinated the filets {3 filets for the 2 of us} in lime juice, sea salt, black pepper and garlic powder. Don't let them sit too long or you'll have ceviche on your hands!




After the fish has marinated for 15-20 minutes, grill! We received this small George Foreman as a wedding gift and use it all the time! It's perfect for 2 burgers or chicken cutlets when you need a quick meal. The trout took about 2 or 3 minutes, too! Super fast. Once the fish has cooked through, gently peel off the skin and flake the meat off.





While your fish is cooking, mix up some yummy sauce! I looove srircha and mixing it with mayo turns it into a wonderful dipping sauce! But last night, I kicked it up even more by adding a handful of green onions, lime juice and garlic powder. Seriously, y'all, this was amazing! I want to turn it into a salad dressing it was that good.




Now get an assembly line going! I have had cucumbers in a fish taco before and since we had some chopped up already, I thought it would be a good addition. Which it totally was- Definitely cooled down the srircha sauce! I quartered a handful of cherry tomatoes {the hubs likes these} and of course chopped romaine.




And enjoy! I know these pictures aren't the best, but really.. You need to make fish tacos. We're totally hooked on them and it warmed my little heart to hear my husband say that these could be on a restaurant menu. I tell ya, I'm getting used to this cooking thing. I'm definitely enjoying it, too. 
I'll have to post more about the super yummy AND healthy recipes we've been trying out lately. My most recent fave? Chili lime porkchops! Oh and roasted broccoli with seal salt and garlic. So. So. Amazing. 

Hope all is well!






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment or question? Let me know.