8.23.2011

{my first review}

Well, I don't have any followers yet, but I'm going to pretend that I do and give y'all a little review. I've been lusting after the L'Oreal Le Gloss lip glosses for a long time, especially after hearing about them from Glam Life Guru on YouTube. She talked about the color Baby Blossom so naturally, that's the one that I HAD to have.

Today, while in CVS, armed with my $1 off coupon, I picked up a tube of Baby Blossom as I walked in the store. But when I made it over to the wall of cosmetics, I saw another tube of Baby Blossom, but this one was a different color! A much warmer pink. I thought maybe the plastic was messing with the color so I squeezed out a little and nope, they were in fact different shades. So me, being lip gloss obsessed, picked up both. Two tubes of lip gloss with the same name.

As soon as I got to work, I swatched them on a paper towel and yep, very different colors. Then I put the darker shade on my lips. And I hated it. VERY milky and settled into my lip lines wayy too much. Even when I mashed my lips together to get it to smoothen out, it still sat weird. And then the burning sensation started. I took that one off thinking that it was a fluke, rinsed my lips with some water and let them "cool" down for a minute. Then I put on the lighter shade of Baby Blossom and though the application on this one was just as aggravating, once I got it smoothed out, I really liked it. And I really liked that this was supposed to be a good dupe for NARS' Turkish Delight. I'm not paying $25 for a lip gloss. No way.

And then the burning started on this one, too! So mad. I'm sitting here, staring at both of them, wanting to like them, but I just can't. That's what I get for straying away from my beloved NYX and B&BW lip glosses, I suppose.

Now, no where on the packaging does it say that this is a plumping gloss. So, I'm guessing there's something in there that I'm allergic to? I have no idea. But these are going back to CVS. For $8 a pop, $7 after my $1 off coupons, it's not worth it. I might have to forfeit my $3 in ECB's, but whatever, I won't wear them, so I don't want them.

Want to see pictures? Here ya go! [Click to make them larger]



See the difference in color? Very noticeable!



Yep, same shade!



Swatched on paper. Sorry for the lighting, I'm at work and this was on my iPhone.



A little closer. I tried taking pictures of this near the window in my office, but I guess the florescent lighting is just too much. Or it could be my camera on my phone. Regardless, LOOK how different!

The texture of these is really nice. Not too sticky, not too slick. As far as staying power, I'll never know. Though I'm a lip gloss eater, so they never stay very long on me. The flavor was really nice, too. Almost like cake batter, I'd say. Such a shame, I want to like these. I really do.

They have 16 shades to choose from, but I only saw maybe half of that in my CVS. I've seen these at Walgreens, RiteAid & Target, too. Will you be getting one? Have you already? Let me know! 

[All pictures taken by me]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment or question? Let me know.